⠠⠉⠓⠁⠏⠞⠑⠗ ⠀⠼ ⠑

Chapter 5

How do you even describe the rage I feel inside of me while I fight this complete stranger with a mask on?

But it's oddly satisfying every time I lay a hit on him...which isn't as often as I would hope.

"Rather calm for getting beat up." He comments through clenched teeth as we circle each other.

"Tolerance." I growl with my teeth bared beneath the mask.

"And a lot of persistence." He says, still circling each other.

"Well you don't seem as tolerant." I point out.

He looks to the side, as if following another noise, "Your not exactly on the top of my to-do list."

I follow his head to flashing lights, police cars and... ambulances? Did another gang battle break out? Or is this just something else? I'm not waiting around to find out. I run past him and scoop up my guns from the edge of the roof before leaping off to the next one.

"Wait!" He calls out from behind me. How many times does someone actually stop when you tell them to 'Wait'? I ignore him and continue jumping to the next roof until I get tackled to the ground by him.

"I said wait!" He yells at me.

I kick him off of me and a few meters away from me, "And I didn't listen!"

"Do that often?" He asks sarcastically while getting up.

"Fuck you." I say with venom while turning around away from him to take a running start to the next roof.

He grabs my waist and yanks me back, "No, you'll just kill them." So the battle hasn't ended yet...

I pull myself out of his grasp, "Well sometimes they deserve to die."

"And you get to decide who lives or dies?" He asks making me laugh.

"Not trying to play god sir, I'm just trying to lower the number of assholes in the world. Consider yourself lucky." I mutter the last part but he catches it anyway and starts laughing.

"You can barely give me a bruise." He smirks. If only he knew... what a dumbass.

I bring my foot up and kick him to the ground before getting on top of him and pinning him to the floor, "Who said I was trying to hurt you? And do worry, I have my table to give you plenty of cuts and bruises."

That must have set him off because he brings his legs up to kick me away, but I jump off of him and a few meters across the building, dodging the incoming kick by barely millimeters. Shit, he's fast.

"Did I hurt your feewlings?" I ask in a baby tone, angering him further. I just wonder how fast...

He goes to get up but I run back over and kick him back down, which he responds to by cursing and pulling me with him; then flipping us over and he pins me to the ground.

My back start to ache from the amount of times he has kicked it and slammed me against the ground, but I still attempt to keep an even breath as I stare up at the rather intimidating vigilante. He's really fast, and strong. I don't think I'll be able to get away from him at this point unless he misapplies pressure against my shoulder area, and my legs are being rendered useless under his body.