5. Boston!🏙️

To Mira's relief, the flight had arrived before time since after flying for around 20 hours, Mira was feeling exhausted. After clearing immigration (which took forever) and claiming her baggage, Mira finally exited Boston Logan International Airport. A representative of Wipro was waiting for Mira at the entrance of the airport with her sign that said, ''Ms. Mira Ramakrishnan. Wipro Technologies''.

Mira walked over to the representative as soon as she spotted her name,

''Ms. Mira?'', asked the representative smiling who was a middle-aged woman with short, curly black hair.

''Yes. Hello, you must be Ms. Jennifer...'' Mira said.

''Yep, that's me, you can call me Jen though. Welcome to Boston.'' Jennifer said smiling.

Mira smiled. Jennifer helped Mira with her luggage, then asked her to sit in the car, which by the way, Jennifer was going to drive. Jennifer was driving Mira to her apartment which was located in Quincy. On the way, Jennifer briefed Mira about her apartment and it's surroundings.

''You must feel quite jet-lagged right? It must have been quite a long journey all the way from Bangalore...'' Jennifer said.

''Yea...I guess it will be alright in a few days time.'' Mira replied

''Well, you're lucky you landed on a Friday night, you could sleep it off over the weekend before you join us on Monday.''

''Yes, I look forward to Monday.'' Mira said

On the way to her apartment, Mira observed the brightly lit sky-scrappers (although there were only a few) at night, and other buildings as they entered the city. Mira couldn't help but feel overwhelmed about the fact that, she had finally made it to Boston, on her own.

***

''There are quite a few shops nearby, so you can purchase your groceries. And if you want to go to the city, then you have to take the RED LINE trains. The neighborhood is kinda quiet, but you'll get used to it. In fact, some other trainees will be joining you in a couple of days in the same building....if that makes it less lonely for you...haha. '' Jennifer said.

Mira had reached her apartment which was cozy, with one bedroom & attached bathroom, a small living area and a kitchenette.

''I guess I will leave you to it then, catch up on some rest. You can always ring me if you require anything, or drop me a text if I don't pick up...haha.'' Jennifer said.

Mira looked around her apartment before she asked, "Sure, ummm...Jen, do you maybe know the wifi-login details.....?''

''Oh...yea of course! Sorry about that, I forgot, I have the login details on my phone, give me a sec....'' Jennifer said as she checked her phone and showed Mira the details.

''Right, I guess you would want to ring home and tell them you reached safely.'' Jennifer said.

''Yea...'' Mira smiled and said.

''Okie dokey, see you on Monday Mira. Good night.'' Jennifer said and soon left.

Mira quickly dialed her Mom on Whatsapp, and informed her that she had reached her apartment. She had already texted her parents and Preeti earlier at the airport. After that, she changed her clothes and crashed into bed. Mira hated travelling, even though she had spent all her life flying to different countries with her parents. Her journey to Boston had been the most tiring, as she was sleep-deprived and exhausted. So in no time...Mira was sound asleep...