22. Kebab trouble🧆

Next Day

''Hey Vicky, can you pullover? I need to go get some coffee, you know I won't have time at the airport...'' Sam said quickly.

''Yep, make it quick though...''

''Relax Vicks, we won't miss the flight.'' Sam said with a wink and got off the car to go the store nearby. Vikranth was dropping Sam at the airport at night as she was flying to Chicago to be with her parents for a couple of days.

It was when he parked near the store and waited that he noticed a familiar face exit a Bar that was located opposite the store. It was Kavin, who walked out with two other women on each side. He said something to both of them, who went in and sat in a car conveniently parked near the bar. Then he had a short conversation with another middle-aged man while smoking a cigarette. Kavin gave the man a strong handshake and got in the car with the women and drove away shortly

''Vicky? You alright?''

Vikranth turned to see that Sam was back in the car.

''Huh? Yup.''

''Okay, let's go.''

Vikranth started the car, gave one last look across the street before heading for the airport. On his way back home from the airport, Vikranth's mind was occupied with what he had seen earlier. Surely, Kavin was giving him negative vibes at this point, Vikranth couldn't help but feel concerned for Mira. He contemplated whether he should tell her about today, but she had already seemed uncomfortable when they bumped into Kavin the other day. So he decided to just keep it to himself and only hoped that Kavin was decent at least in the workplace.

***

To Mira's disappointment, avoiding Kavin at work was getting harder as the preparations for New York's conference meant that meetings and discussions with Kavin were inevitable. After a busy day at work, Mira was waiting outside her office for Vikranth who had offered to fetch her. Mira was going to have dinner with Vikranth and his friends before flying off to New York over the weekend.

As Mira waited outside, a car pulled over in front of her. The windows opened to reveal Kavin who was smirking.

''Miraaa! Shall I drop you?''

''No Sir, I'm waiting for a friend...''

''Who? Is it the family friend?''

Mira didn't say anything, but gave an awkward smile.

''tch tch tch...He should know better than to make such a beautiful girl wait like this in the cold...'' Kavin shook his head and said.

That's it! Mira couldn't stand him anymore. Gritting her teeth, she exclaimed sternly,

''Kavin! Just stop, okay? You're making me feel uncomfortable. If you don't stop with your comments and actions, then I will have to take some action and trust me, I won't hesitate to do so!''

''Woah haha...hey Mira...calm down. You know I'm just looking out for you. Anyway, enjoy! I'm always there in case...okay? Tata! Bye bye!'' His eyes dangerously shining even in the dimly-lit night, gave Mira the chills. With that, he drove off.

''Bloody creep!'' Mira cursed after Kavin's car left. Five minutes later, Vikranth's car arrived. He apologised to Mira for being late as he got held up at work. Abhinav was also in the car and the three conversed about work on their way.

***

''No, I'm good, thanks.'' Mira said as Tanya offered her some beer.

''Wow...you really are a good girl Mira...'' a drunk Tanya said.