19. The Sleepover🏠

''Mira?''

Mira looked up to see Vikranth standing in front of her.

''What are you doing here? Why didn't you go in?'' he asked.

Tears came out of Mira's eyes as she said, ''I don't want to be alone at home Vikranth, my mind is going insane thinking about what happened today. The guilt won't let me sleep no matter how hard I try.....''

After Vikranth had dropped her off, Mira felt estranged and detached in this big city. She never wanted to go home so badly than she did now. The thought of her parents made her cry like a child...so she just sat on the stairs with sorrow.

Vikranth didn't know what to do for a moment. A few seconds later, he sat down beside her.

''Miraaa....hey, it's okay. I told you earlier in the car that you can't blame yourself.''

Mira turned to Vikranth and said, "I know but I've never been this careless, in fact I take extra care with everything..."

''I couldn't agree more!'' Vikranth exclaimed making Mira turn to Vikranth.

''Look...what happened today was unexpected...so don't hold yourself responsible. This incident does not in any way prove that you're careless or irresponsible. Trust me, you have my word!'' Vikranth put his fist near his heart and said.

The faintest of a smile appeared on Mira's face, making Vikranth feel that his words were taking effect...

''So...uhhh you plan on camping out here tonight?'' he frowned funnily.

Mira looked down at her feet. Vikranth definitely made her feel lighter...but once he would be gone, it would just be herself and her thoughts...this stopped her from answering him.

Vikranth also noticed that Mira was still affected by today's events. He thought for a few seconds before he got up and said,

''Alright then, grab your stuff and let's go...''

Mira looked up at Vikranth with a confused expression and asked,

''Where...?''

''My place, come on, get up!''

''But Vikranth-''

''Mira, we were supposed to hangout today remember? A slight change in plan, we'll just go to my place instead of somewhere outside.''

''Vikranth, I can manage, you've already done so much, you don't have to-''

''Mira relax, I wanna shed off some of my guilt too...and after the events today, I think we're both on the same boat in terms getting some sleep..so yea...''

Mira thought for a while...

''I'll drop you back here tomorrow morning.''

She grabbed her bag and jacket, then stood up.

***

''Make yourself at home.'' Vikranth said with a warm smile when he noticed Mira awkwardly walk into Vikranth's apartment. More than awkward, Mira felt guilty that she had just forced herself into Vikranth's day. Even though she had been to his place before, walking into his flat just before midnight was something that Mira didn't even dream about.

'It's okay Mira, he's a friend, you've had sleepovers with your friends and stayed over for the night at their place...this is just the same...there's nothing wrong...' she thought to herself

'Yea..but how many of those friends were boys...?!' her mind voice countered. 😂

''Umm...Vikranth, can I use the restroom?''