12. Enter the Hero!

The next three months vanished like anything and before Mira knew it, she found herself packing her belongings for the resort in Kochi. Organising a wedding was no joke. After countless phone calls and trips to various contractors for food, decorations, and location, things were finally falling into place. Nihara resort was the wedding destination and Vikranth's relatives had already started arriving and checking into their rooms. So Ram was busy making sure all the in-laws were settling down and comfortable with the accommodation. Luckily, the manager of the resort was a good friend of Ram's. So he had promised Ram that everything would be handled well but Ram wanted to personally ensure everything was going smoothly. Sudha and her sisters were with Mira and helped her with the packing. Mira was on the phone with Vikranth who was scheduled to depart the following day and arrive in Kochi, the day after as he had to take a connection from Delhi. Sam and Abhi were flying with him for the wedding. The rest of Vikranth's friends had complications flying all the way down to Kerala, but they promised to throw him and Mira a party when he returned.

''Sam is super excited! She's already done her shopping and is choreographing dance numbers with Abhi, even though I told her that Sangeet isn't really present in TamBrahm weddings'' Vikranth said chuckling on the call.

''Awww! That's adorable. Don't worry, we'll squeeze it in somewhere during the reception.'' Mira said.

''Oh yeah! Actually, that's not a bad idea! Great going M!'' Vikranth said.

''Also, what did your boss say when you told him about flying for your wedding? I hope he didn't give you an earful again like he did when you came for the engagement.'' Mira asked.

''Yeah...well I had already told him months in advance that this was an inevitable trip. Plus, I've already briefed my colleagues who are going to share my load of work amongst themselves until I get back. So it's sorted M, now don't worry about me and just focus on looking heartbreakingly beautiful okay?'' Vikranth said.

Mira smiled. She knew that Vikranth was sugarcoating the stress he had in making arrangements at work for their wedding. Even now, he had only been given two weeks' leave for the wedding after a lot of explaining to his boss. Both Mira and Vikranth had deepened their understanding for each other. Vikranth was aware that Mira was literally packing up her life in India and starting a new one in Boston with him. So along with packing her wedding outfits, Mira had already done her packing for Boston too. It had taken her a month to sort everything out. Mira despised packing so much at this point that she hoped she wouldn't have to do it for a year after her wedding.

''Make sure you take the iron box also Mira! We will have to iron the sarees if they get crinkled!'' Sudha ordered from the other room.

''Aaaahh okay Ma!'' Mira answered back.

''Listen Vicky, I gotta go. Text me when you board okay?''

''Alright. Take care M''

''Bye''

''Hey M!''

''Yeah?''

''I love you! Everything will go great okay?''

Mira smiled and said, ''Hmm, love you too. Bye!''

As Mira hung up, she sighed. As much as Mira was thrilled about her wedding, she was equally anxious, stressed and tired. She knew for sure that she wouldn't get any time with Vikranth alone for the next four days with all the relatives and rituals. She just wanted to skip to all and sit on a flight to Boston with Vikranth.

*******

Nihara resort was located on the banks of the Arabian Sea. The breeze coming in from the sea felt refreshing as Mira entered in the resort that evening and was escorted to her room by the staff after a brief introductory meeting with the manager, Vysakh Kumar. There were still nearly two days left for Vikranth to reach Kochi. Since the Pandal Kaal Muhurtham and Sumangali Pooja rituals involved only the bride, Mira's presence was more important than Vikranth's on the first day. Nonetheless, Mira missed Vikranth badly being among all the relatives. She kept checking her phone to see if Vikranth had texted her. She was so lost in her phone that she didn't even respond to Ramya and Abirami's questions on her choice of jewellery for the rituals nor did she notice when Sudha walked into the room.