64. Sun, Sky and You...🌅

The air felt cool, Mira could hear the sound of birds chirping. She wondered how she never heard them the last time in the morning. What was even more strange was that her pillow felt hard and sturdy. As she slowly opened her eyes, she felt a heavy weight on her head, and recognised a familiar face.

It finally occurred to her that she fell asleep on Vikranth's shoulders on the terrace last night! The last thing she remembered was sitting next to him on the swing set, and gazing at the night sky while leaning on his shoulders.

Vikranth was still asleep, so Mira slowly moved his head to the other side. His face appeared calm, as her eyes traveled from his arched eyebrows, down to the stubble on his jawline. The more she looked at him, the longer she wanted to keep doing so.

Just then, the sound of hustling and footsteps came from the stairway downstairs. A few seconds later, the sound grew louder accompanied by a few voices, one of which happened to be of Padma aunty. 

Mira panicked and quickly shook Vikranth's shoulders in her attempt to wake him up. He let out a groan before his head twitched and he opened his eyes.

''Vikranth! Wake up!'' He woke up and stretched his arms while letting out a yawn. 

''Padma aunty is coming!'' Mira whispered loudly.

He stared at Mira blankly for a moment, clearly he was still in sleep mode!😴

''Vikranth!!! Aunty is coming upstairs! What do we do now?!'' Mira said before she stuck her palm on her forehead in frustration. Vikranth glanced at the stairway, then at Mira before he pushed his hair from his forehead. The next moment, he asked Mira to go hide behind a massive slab where a water tank was placed on the terrace, Mira did so.

When Padma aunty approached the terrace, Mira heard her talk in an annoyed tone.

''Dey! What are you doing here Vikranth?''

''Just doing some stretching ma.'' Mira peeked and saw Vikranth bending down to touch his feet, and giggled at the sight.😂

''Hmm...Ok ok. Come quickly....and did you'll sleep really late last night? I knocked on Mira's door and she didn't respond, that's why I thought you'll must have stayed up so late.''

Vikranth frowned before he said, ''Really? Yea..she must be still sleeping. I mean she looked tired last night.'' he said glancing at Mira who gave him a deathly stare.

Padma aunty nodded and mumbled something before she finally left the terrace. 

****

Mira walked over to Vikranth after Padma aunty left and smacked his arm.

''Hey-Ohw!'' Vikranth scowled.

''Why didn't you wake me up? I even remember asking you to do so.''

Vikranth folded his arms and let out a faint laugh before he said looking at Mira, ''Because you looked so....''😍

He gazed at Mira and smiled before he finished, ''You were in deep sleep, and I didn't wanna ruin it.''

''Pfft...yea more like you forgot and fell asleep yourself.'' Mira scoffed.

Vikranth put his arms around Mira's shoulders and said, ''Hey Miraaaa...''