59. No more secrets...🔓

If there's anyone that Mira can rely on for life-advice, then hands down it is Ankit. Their friendship goes back to when they were in their second year at university in Singapore. Mira made many friends back then, but none of them were as close as Ankit to her. It just clicked in their second year, and since then, they've been through everything together - from breakups to relationship dramas to group projects and exam preparations. 

Apart from being really good at academics and career, Ankit was great at sorting out life's problems. He always had Mira's back as a loyal friend and his advice has never gone wrong or backfired. So Mira took his word even this time and decided to ask Vikranth straight-up about love, and their relationship hereafter. That night, she asked him if he was up for a walk the following morning and he agreed as the Gopals only had their flight that evening.

***

Mira and Vikranth left the apartment at around 9 a.m. that morning and headed to Marine drive first. Mira wore a floral casual violet dress while Vikranth was in a plain blue t-shirt, beige shorts and black shades. His lean legs appeared to be even longer when he wore shorts, making him look taller. They walked along the bay at the port silently, with Vikranth pacing ahead and inhaling the scent of the water just like Mira normally would. She smiled at the familiar sight.

''This place is awesome!'' he said excitedly.

''Yea..but only in the morning. It gets too hot afterwards.'' Mira said looking up at the sky.

Just then, Vikranth's phone rang. It was Srikanth. Vikranth talked to him for a few minutes before he held his phone to Mira who greeted Srikanth and told him,

''Hey Sri!!! We really missed you at the wedding! It's no fun without you...'' Mira paused and whispered, ''...especially since your brother's a bit boring..'' 

Vikranth frowned at Mira at that comment. 

Sri chuckled on the other end of the line before he said, ''Only a bit...?'' he asked and Mira giggled.

''Hopefully I get to see you when you come to Chennai!'' Mira said before she handed the phone back to Vikranth.

Vikranth stared at Mira after he hung up the call. Then he raised an eyebrow and asked with amusement,

''Did you just call me boring?'' 

Mira pursed her lips together and suppressed a smile before she walked ahead.

''You really think I'm boring?'' Vikranth was perplexed

Mira stopped turned to Vikranth, took his shades from the collar of his shirt and said while putting them on herself, ''Yes. Compared Sri, you. are. boring.'' she said with a sarcastic smile.

Vikranth couldn't stand being called boring and argued while trailing behind Mira,

''That's cuz he's still a kid! You can't expect me to be all hyper like him!''

Mira continued to walk until a hand shot out and clenched her wrist tight, before Vikranth turned her around. Mira jerked before she looked up into his eyes, as he slowly took off the shades from her face and held them high up so Mira couldn't reach despite struggling to. He brought his face closer to hers, making her heartbeat race up.

He slowly came up to her ear and whispered in a husky voice, ''I guess you still don't know me enough Miss...cuz if you did, you wouldn't have said that...''

Mira stepped back, then looked around instantly to see if anyone had spotted them so close. Vikranth gave a wry smile and raised his eyebrow.

***