55. Begin Again🧡

''Ok, I'll meet you guys in the dining hall. Bye.'' Mira hung up her phone. It was a brand new day...

Mira had only managed to get about six hours of sleep that night, thanks to staying up late with Vikranth. They had stayed up at the terrace until about 1:00 am last night, then agreed to get some sleep as they had an early morning the next day. She had to leave much earlier to reach and had just talked to Abirami about meeting them this morning after breakfast so that they can have a run-through of the Sangeet programme for the reception later that evening.

Mira couldn't stop thinking about last night, it all felt like a dream. As she recalled her conversation with Vikranth, she smiled like a hopeless romantic to herself. She couldn't wait to share this with her friends as it would call for a double celebration. At the same time, a small lump of anxiety rose inside her at this thought. Mira felt superstitious all of a sudden and decided to only tell her friends after Preeti's wedding. She didn't want to jinx this feeling.

Abirami had checked with the families and told Mira that the wedding hall would be available for practice in the early hours of the morning and about one hour in the afternoon around 2pm. Preeti's and Harish family would need the wedding hall for other rituals for the hours in-between.

Mira decided to carry her reception night (a.k.a sangeet) outfit as well since Abirami insisted that she can avoid coming back home to get ready and just get changed in her friend's hotel rooms later that evening.

***

Mira received a surprise upon her arrival at the mandap that morning, it was none other than her friends from Singapore, Ankit and Aarna who had flown to Kochi only that morning for Preeti's wedding. Ankit was a tall and lean young man with a clean shaved face and black hair. He always wore floral shirts and shorts.

Today he was wearing an off-white floral shirt and grey shorts with his hair neatly set. Aarna was a short and bubbly girl with short curly black hair. She wore a knee-long white dress with vertical blue stripes. They both were close friends of Preeti and Mira since their days in Singapore and now both worked there. Preeti introduced Ankit and Aarna to Ramya and Abirami.

They all had breakfast together after which they spent a good hour catching up on life, Preeti joined them briefly before she went to get ready for the rituals. The presence of Ankit and Aarna had changed the atmosphere as they were talkative, funny and so loud that they had Preeti's conservative relatives make their heads turn in the function hall!

''So now that Preeti is officially getting hitched, will you be next Mira?'' Aarna teased.

Ramya and Abirami laughed before Mira smiled coyly and said, ''Ehh....maybe...but not anytime soon though...''

Mira's reaction made Ramya and Abirami turn towards her.

''Wait what?! Does that mean you're seeing someone now Miraaa?'' Ankit asked

Mira widened her eyes and shrugged awkwardly. ''Eh...I wouldn't put it that way...''

Ramya nudged Mira's elbow and whispered,''You finally talked with him didn't you?!''

Mira simply smiled and pursed her lips.

''I knew it! Your face has been glowing since this morning and you looked way too happy when you met Aarna and Ankit!'' Ramya remarked.

Then it struck Ramya, ''Wait a sec, did he also...?'', Ramya paused to read Mira's face who now couldn't control her smile,

''Oh my god! So the spark goes both ways?! Yeeeeee!!! I can't wait to tell Preeti!'' Ramya squealed and squeezed Mira'a forearm tightly. Her reaction caught everyone's attention and they all turned to the girls. Ramya quickly told Abirami about this too who squealed in happiness.