56. The Trust test💯

Mira and her friends escorted Preeti to the wedding hall which had beautifully transformed with all the flower decorations and colourful lighting. The stage was immaculately set with bright lighting with two large seats for the bride and groom. Guests had started coming in and the entrance to the hall was elaborately decorated with a banner that read in flowers,

''PREETI WEDS HARISH''

Harish had already arrived and he wore a dark blue tailored suit, which obviously matched with Preeti's lehenga. Mira let Ramya and Abirami walk Preeti up to the stage while she went to the sound system operator to ensure he had the songs playlist ready for the sangeet. Just then, she saw her parents and the Gopals walk in. Padma aunty complimented Mira for looking so beautiful in the half-saree lehenga and asked her if she had seen Vikranth. That's when it struck her, that she hadn't seen him since she went to get changed after the rehearsal.

Mira's parents and the Gopals also greeted Preeti's parents before being seated. It was after double-checking with the sound operator and walking towards the stage that that Mira finally saw him. Vikranth was sitting in the second row of seats from the back with two women and a man, whom Mira did not recognise. Both women wore salwar suits. One had a wheatish complexion and exceptionally long straight black hair with jasmine flowers pinned to her hair while the other had thick black curly hair upto her shoulders and she was of fair complexion. They both seemed to be around Mira's age and were now chatting and laughing with Vikranth.

Mira's eyes widened when she saw Vikranth introduce the woman with long hair to his parents. Who was this woman that he introduced her to his parents? Was she someone he knew? What sort of relationship did he have with her?All Mira could focus on in the entire hall full of people was him. Where he was, what he was doing and who he was talking to.. 

All kinds of twisted thoughts were roaming in her head so she decided to look away and shift her attention to the lovely couple on the stage. Preeti looked every bit happy while she stood next to the very charming Harish who smiled widely and introduced her to his friends and colleagues.

Just then, Smitha walked up to Mira and her friends, intimating them to begin the performances as almost all the guests had arrived and were already walking up to the stage to wish the couple. Mira quickly took out her video camera from the bag and walked towards her dad to ask him to record until...she bumped into Vikranth.

''Hey Woah...careful!'' Vikranth said before he looked up and gazed at her. The admiration in his eyes travelled all over Mira's body even though his eyes did not leave hers. He noticed her hair side parted with a small braid on the right-side of her head, he noticed her big gold jhumkkas, and he noticed her half-saree lehenga that was perfectly draped around her slim body.

''Haeeyy Mira. You're performing soon?'' he asked.

''Yeap.'' Mira said quickly breaking eye contact. He noticed the video camera in her hand and asked, ''You want me to hang on to that while you perform?''.

Mira looked up at him and said, ''No. It's fine. Anyway, you seem busy, I'll ask my dad.''

Vikranth frowned and smiled at Mira. ''Busy...? Nah. It's cool Mira. I can-''

''Vikranth, it's fine. You can carry on meeting new people...''

Vikranth chuckled and before he could reply, Abirami was calling Mira from behind her asking her to come and get ready for the performance.

''Well, it looks like you need to hurry, so just give me the camera Mira.'' Vikranth finally said.

Mira sighed and gave it to him.