10. Kavin⚡

''Let's just leave the dates for test marketing as approximates for now, we can confirm them after your proposal is approved yea?'' Richard said.

It was another busy week at work for Mira and her group was having a consultation meeting with their supervisor, Richard, whom they called Ritchie.

''Sure.'' Mira said.

''Also guys, you will have to present your proposal to your new project head, who's coming down from New York today...nothing formal, just go through things with him like you did with me...''

''Okay Ritchie..'' they all said and Mira nodded too.

Mira and her teammate, Hitesh were finalising the presentation slides and waiting in the meeting room for their new project head to come. Once everything was ready, they were waiting when Ritchie walked in with another man.

''Hello team, meet Kavin Kumar, our head of consumer care products range in New York.'' Ritchie said pointing to a tall, and sturdy man in his 30s in a black suit, crisp black hair and a neat beard.

Kavin smiled and greeted everyone. Mira noticed that he looked at Mira for unusually longer than the others after she introduced herself.

''This guy has been with us for about five years now and has an incredible expertise in marketing, so he is the man guys..''

''Uhh...Ritchie man, you're making me sound so old. Look at them, they all seem to be a bunch a young and enthusiastic marketers, if anything, I should learn from you guys..haha. Ritchie told me about your proposal...it really got me excited, so talk me through it guys..'' '' Kavin said in a deep voice.

Hitesh and Mira (who was quite nervous) briefed Kavin on their proposal and team strategy. When they were done, Kavin asked a few questions, which Hitesh and Mira answered in turns after which Kavin seemed fairly impressed and said,

''This is solid stuff team, I look forward to working with you all..'' he again looked at Mira when he said this.

***

That afternoon, Mira was at the cafeteria having lunch with her teammates and Jyoti when Kavin walked up to them,

''Ritchie tells me each of you come from all over India...is that so?''

''Yes, sir. Where are you from?'' Hitesh asked

''Oh I'm from Chennai, are any of you from there?'' he asked.

A few seconds later, he asked Mira,

''What about you...Miss....ehhh''

''Mira Sir...and I'm from Bangalore...''

''Oh Bangalore....great city...so you speak Kannada then?''

The conversation was now turning to just one-on-one between Mira and Kavin...making Mira a bit uncomfortable...

''No no, I am a tamilian settled in Kerala, I work in Bangalore...'' Mira said hoping that he won't ask any more questions...

''Yes....finally a Tamilian...''

''Sir, Ananth is also from Chennai'' Mira said pointing to her colleague to divert the attention from her.

''Is it...good good...'' Kavin said looking around.

After a few minutes, Kavin left.

''Who was that?'' Jyoti asked.

''He's our new team leader, from head office in New York.''