12. Guava🐾

The following weekend, Mira was jogging on a Sunday morning at the biggest park in their neighborhood. Mira realised that she needed some physical exercise as weekdays were stressful at work and the only exercise she had was weekly visits to the grocery store.

It was around 8:00 am and Mira was tired from all the jogging, since it was her first day, she decided to take it easy and walk up to the fountain located in the center of the park. It was a beautiful day to de-stress, with a slightly cold morning breeze, the sound of little birds chirping and plenty of fresh air...Mira felt really good while walking until.....

''Grrrraowwwww!'', she heard a barking sound from behind her.

She turned around and saw a greenish-speckled dog running towards her from a distance. Feeling scared, she walked faster but to her disappointment, the dog was much faster and ran past her barking, making Mira scream and jump ''Ammaaaaaaa!''

Mira stopped walking and the dog was a few steps ahead of her and sniffing something on the ground, when she heard a familiar voice,

''Guava!''

Mira turned to see that it was Vikranth in a off-white hoodie and black shorts. Vikranth had noticed Mira. He ran up to her and said,

''Hey Mira!''

''Vikranth...oh thank god you're here...did you see? A dog just ran past me, please make it go away, I'm not fond of dogs....'' a frightened Mira said.

''Woah woah...calm down...water?''

''Thanks, but I've got mine...''

Vikranth frowned at Mira and said, ''Hmm....Okayyy'' then looked up to call the dog, ''Guava! come here buddy''

The dog ran over to Vikranth, Mira moved further back in fear and watched as Vikranth knelt down, rubbed the dog's head saying, ''What's wrong buddy? You don't usually run off like that...''. He then tied the leash around the dog and stood up. He noticed that Mira was scared and said,

''Don't worry Mira, he won't do anything.''

A confused Mira asked, ''You know this dog?''

Vikranth laughed and said, ''Yup, he's mine...''

Mira's eyes widened,''You have a dog?''

''Hehe...yup! I'm sorry if he scared you, he's usually very friendly''

The dog slightly barked and Mira quietly said, ''huhuh....he doesn't sound very friendly to me..'' 😂

Mira and Vikranth were walking together now,

''You know I've never seen you in this park before...'' Vikranth said.

''Haha..obviously because it's my first day here, came for a jog. Do you come here often?''

''Ohhh...that makes sense. Yea...you'll find me here with Guava on weekends...''

Hearing this, Mira felt all warm inside as she could meet Vikranth every weekend in this park but at the same time, the thought of having the dog around still freaked her...

''Guava?'' Mira asked.

''Yea...it's his name.'' Vikranth said smiling

Mira laughed and asked, ''Why did you name him Guava?''

''Well, he has green spots around him, which is usually rare for his breed, so Sam suggested the name and it sounded cool...'' Vikranth said while scratching the back of his head.