57. A Sacred bond🤝

Last night's events flashed in Mira's head early next morning as she struggled to perfectly drape the saree on herself. Mira had opted for a pink and navy blue kancheevaram silk saree for Preeti's muhurtham ceremony. She accessorised it with gold jhumkas and dark blue bangles on one hand as she wore her watch on the other. Her hair was half-tied in a simple style.  

The awkward incident had cause uneasiness between Mira and Vikranth as he did not say a word afterwards, even when they walked downstairs with Preeti and Harish and got in Preeti's cousin's car to head home.However, Mira couldn't help smiling when she thought about how he had come to her rescue again. The concern he had in his eyes for her was captured in Mira's memory. 

The saree draping had taken longer than expected but it all seemed worth it when Mira looked at herself in the mirror. No other outfit could match the elegance of a saree she thought, it automatically elevated the feminine beauty on women. She walked out of her room looking down at her pleats and adjusting them without realising that Vikranth was ready and waiting patiently on the sofa browsing his phone. 

The clinking sound of Mira's bangles made him glance up. Their eyes met and Mira held his gaze. He looked at Mira in awe and admiration. There were no words needed at that moment, as Mira saw the love in his eyes. It was clear that he was completely in love with her... ❤️Their eye-lock was interrupted by Padma's voice.

''Oh my god! Mira kutty! You look soooo pretty!'' Padma walked in wearing a bright green and orange kancheevaram sari. 

Mira smiled and side-hugged her before she complimented her too. It was only now that Mira noticed Vikranth's outfit, he looked dapper in a rose pink and gray trousers and as usual, smelt amazing. 

''No, but saree looks so good on you, you should wear them more often. Doesn't she look gorgeous Vikranth?'' Padma looked at him and asked.

Mira's cheeks felt hot as she avoided looking into Vikranth's eyes. He smiled gently and said with a hand on the back of his head,

''Yea, she sure does mom.'' 

Just then, Sudha walked out from her room and Padma said to her, ''Sudha, you should put an evil eye spot on Mira. All eyes will be on her today. ''

Sudha smiled and went to grab kohl for Mira. Then she told Mira to book an Uber to the mandap as their car will not have room for everyone. Before Mira could say anything, it was decided that Vikranth would take the Uber with her. Mira booked and Uber and left for the door with Vikranth in front when Sudha called out,

''Mira! Wait! You forgot to wear the flowers.'' she said with a strand of jasmine flowers on her hand.

''Ma. The uber is already here! I will wear it in the car.'' she said taking the flowers and putting them in her tote bag quickly.

''Maybe you should've have gotten up earlier if it takes you so long to wear your saree!'' Sudha taunted before Mira left the door.

***

Mira and Vikranth got in the car before the driver asked Mira a few things about the destination. She directed him in Malayalam before going back to being silent. Vikranth sat quietly with his arms crossed and watched as Mira pinned the fresh jasmine flowers to her hair with great difficulty. 

She caught his gaze and smiled awkwardly. Maybe it was the driver, but sitting in the car felt awkward for both Mira and Vikranth. Mira wondered if Vikranth was thinking about last night like her. Just then, Vikranth took out his phone. The next moment, Mira's phone beeped.

Vikranth: You look stunning!

It wasn't the message that flattered Mira, but the heart emoji that came with it. A smile appeared on her face as she typed a reply,