17. On good terms🍁

''Woah...looks like you really scared her man...'' Nikhil walked over to Vikranth and said.

''No shit man, she was really worried when she saw Vicky from down here.'' Abhi added.

Vikranth had a serious and sombre expression on his face.

''Relax Vicky, she'll be fine soon...''

Vikranth didn't say anything, he let out a sigh, sat down and rubbed his face with his palms. He then leaned back in his seat. That was the first time he had seen Mira so mad and furious. Her concern for him seemed genuine, but he didn't expect it to transform into anger.

Meanwhile, Sam went behind Mira and found her leaning against a fence in the parking area. She went over to Mira and said,

''Mira...I'm so sorry, this whole plan was entirely my idea. I convinced Vikranth into doing it. I didn't know about his injury though or else I would have never let him dive.'' Sam said with a concerned tone.

Mira had calmed down now, she took a breath and said, '' It's not your fault Sam. He should be blamed for his own action. I'm sure Vikranth has the intellectual capability of making his own decisions and it is his fault for not considering his injury before going up there...''

''Hmm...please don't be upset though. I mean he's fine now...''

''...I'm sorry if I ruined your trip''

''Hey, it's fine...don't worry about it.''

''Sam...is it okay if I go home now? I don't feel so good''

''Why? You can stay with us...please don't go...''

''I'm sorry Sam, but I've really tensed up the atmosphere...haha, so it's best if I leave...''

''Hmm...alright, as you wish. I'll ring up Nikhil, he'll drop you in my car.''

''Thanks.''

***

Mira was busy as usual at work the following Monday when she received a text from Vikranth that said;

Vikranth: Hi Mira. I am very sorry for the other day. Would like to meet in person and apologise too. Let me know if you're free anytime today. :)

Mira thought for a few seconds after reading the text and replied,

Mira: Hey. It's OK.

Vikranth: Are you sure...?

Mira: Yup.

Vikranth: Can we still meet? I feel really guilty...

Mira: Alright.

Vikranth: Great! I''ll drop by your office later today...when do you usually finish work?

Mira: Around 6.

Vikranth: Cool, see you at 6 then :)

Mira kept the phone on the table and slumped back on her chair. She gently rubbed her eyes and smiled. She was no longer angry, in fact her anger had vanished on the day of the incident itself. It was after her anger had subsided, Mira wondered how she had become so furious that day, that too out of concern for Vikranth. His negligence towards his health and carelessness must have instigated her reaction.

Her concern for Vikranth must have been so strong to have made her super angry, otherwise she isn't the kind of person that goes about scolding people for their decisions...Mira only hoped that this concern was not driven by any other emotion, because if it was, then there would only be more chaos....