21. Dribbling fun🏀

The next morning, Mira was up early packing some rasam, and the beans and potato fry for Vikranth. She had cooked rice in the morning and made an instant packet of soup too. She then got ready for work and left for Vikranth's place. Mira felt very pleased with herself as the rasam had turned out just fine when she had tasted it the night before. She hoped the food was enough to get him through today. If needed, she would bring more tomorrow. It felt nice to cook for someone else for a change...even though Mira felt tired as she started straight after she came home from work...

***

''How are you feeling?''. Mira kept the food on the wooden table in the kitchen. She didn't have to ask. Vikranth's face appeared shrunk from all the coughing, his nose slightly red, he was wearing a t-shirt and track pants, his hair was messy and fell to his forehead.

''Better, definitely better than yesterday..'' he said and smiled.

''Yea...Abhi told me about yesterday. You shouldn't have gone to work if it was so bad...''

''Ohh...so that's how you know. What's all this? '' he asked pointing to the bags.

''Oh...umm..well I had a bit of a soar throat too yesterday, so I made rasam and rice...and thought of bringing you some since I made enough to last me for another four meals...so yea...'

Mira smirked and said. She felt that it would be weird to tell Vikranth that she had exclusively cooked for him, so she added an excuse...it wasn't lying technically as Mira does have soar throats occasionally due to the weather.

''Really?-ahem -Mira why did bother to.-''

''Vikraanth, look if you want me to accept your help without hesitating then I would expect you to do the same with me, it should go both ways right? Besides....I'm already upset that you didn't tell me how bad your cold was...or else I would have come earlier...''

''Mira, really I'm fine...''

''I need to rush to work so, I'm keeping it all here, there's some soup in the flask too in case you don't like the rasam...it's not much. But should last you for the day...if you can't finish it all you can keep it in the fridge if you like it or throw it away ...it's completely fine...also I don't need the tupperware boxes anytime soon, so don't worry about returning all this..okay?''

Vikranth just stood there with his hands in his pocket and gave a curt nod, ''Okay.'' Mira took her bag and left for the door. Before she left she said,

''I know I sound like your mom or grandma but please avoid eating from outside for the next few days, take care, bye.''

''Mira wait, I'll drop you.''

''No.'' Mira said instantly. ''You need to rest, I'll take a cab, don't worry.''

With that, Mira left for work with a smile on her face. After Mira left, Vikranth went to the wooden table to take out the tupperware boxes, he didn't even have to open them as the aroma of the rasam had reached him...it was after a long time he had been reminded of home.....

Later that afternoon at work, Mira got a text from Vikranth,

Vikranth: Your rasam is amazing! Feeling better already! Thank you Mira.

Mira smiled to herself and was beaming for the rest of the day. 

***

 ''Chicago is such an awesome city Mira, you must visit once!'' Jyoti said.