Chapter 4

When the boys had gotten home, it was during that awkward period between lunch and dinner where no one was hungry yet, so we just decided to have a chat until dinner came around.

"I see you guys went shopping." Liam observed with raised eyebrows. He picked up one of the pregnancy books and put it down.

"We did." I replied simply with a smile.

"How was breakfast?" He asked me.

"Great, except for all of the people trying to take pictures of us."

"Wait, what?"

"Paparazzi found us and followed us from breakfast to the book shop and got pictures of us." Zayn explained as if Liam hadn't yet grasped that concept.

"Yeah I understand but... You do realize they're going to jump to conclusions. Especially if they saw what books you bought." Liam wagged his finger at us like we were kids. "Luckily, you can't tell that Eve is pregnant yet, but still."

"Don't worry about it." I told my cousin.

"So, ANYWAY!" Louis yelled, making a point that this conversation should end. "What should we do before dinner?"

"I suppose we could just talk?" I suggested. The boys agreed and we all took seats in the living room. It felt nice, sitting with them. It felt like we were a big family.

"So Eve, you never really told us much about yourself." Louis said. I took in a silent breath, knowing I'd have to tell them what happened sooner or later. I don't know if he meant that he wanted to know stuff like my favorite color, or if he wanted to know my story.

"Right." I started. "Well obviously I grew up with Liam. He and I were best friends all through school until he left. And then I was pretty much a sad loner, until I got a boyfriend. His name was Andrew. I thought I loved him. And I thought he loved me." I said, implying the part that really didn't need to be further explained. "Then I found out I was pregnant. I went to Andrew as soon as I found out. But he completely rejected me and the baby. He basically let me know he wanted nothing to do with us."

I could hear the boys all muttering profanities about Andrew under their breaths, causing me to laugh a little bit before I continued.

"He really hurt me, and when I came home crying to my parents, I had no choice but to tell them too. And they reacted in a way I'd never expected. They kicked me out. And that's when I moved in with you guys." I finished.

Everyone was staring at the ground in disbelief. Well, everyone but Zayn. He was staring right at me. I tried to give him a weak smile, but it ended up looking more like a frown. It wasn't long before I was staring at the ground too, ashamed by my actions.

Suddenly I felt a warm hand take mine, sending chills all through my body. I was forced to look up, and was pleased with what I saw. The sexy, mysterious, calm dark haired boy who I'd grown to like more and more each day. He didn't say a single word to me, maintaining the silence that filled the room. He just looked at me, holding my hand, as if to say he was here for me.

It was almost like Zayn had a spell on me. He made me oblivious to everyone and everything else in the room. I say that because I don't really know how long we were frozen in our own little world before Liam came up between us, yanking our hands away from each other and shaking me wildly. Weird.

"Liam!" I frowned. "What are you doing?"

"I said what do you want for dinner?" Liam repeated, well I'm guessing.

"Oh. Sorry." I blushed without daring to look at Zayn.

*****

"This is so good Harry!" I moaned with a mouthful of Harry's pasta in my mouth. I don't know what he put in this, but it was the best pasta I'd ever tasted in my life.

"Agreed." Niall said as he shoved another forklift sized bite into his mouth.

"Thanks." Harry grinned.

"By the way Eve, I got you a doctors appointment for next week. Just a check up to see how the baby is doing." Liam mentioned between bites. I noticed he had a hard time saying the word 'baby.'

I smiled at him genuinely, silently thanking him without having to rudely talk with my mouth full of Harry's yummy food.

"How have you been feeling?" He asked me.

I shook my hand from side to side to say 'so-so'. I was feeling a lot better from this morning, but I had a feeling that would fade away.

"It'll be worth it soon enough." I said. The thought of me physically giving birth was painful, but the thought of having a beautiful baby in return have me a sense of comfort. My heart literally warmed up when I thought of by baby. My mind detached from everyone else and I looked down and caressed my stomach. 'It's just you, me, and our boys.' I thought to myself.

Contact Me! 

Instagram & Spapchat: lexanoelle

Twitter: noellexa

YouTube: In external link

Tumblr: quietgirlloudworld

Blog: alexanoellejones.blogspot.com