Chapter 25

• Dedicated to My Cat NiNi

A/n: You guys are so amazing. Thanks for all of the votes and comments. They make my day. By the way, once again, I'm in a fragile state because my cat just died and he was the BEST cat ever. :'( RIP NINI!

Zayn's POV

We were on in ten minutes, our third return to the Staples Center since the start of our career. The energy in the stadium was always insane, which really helped our performances.

I glanced across the hair and makeup dressing room to see Eve with Lux in her lap, reading a book. The slight smile on her face as she read warmed my heart. Eve had been watching Lux for the past two hours while Lou styled us and Caroline gave us out clothes. We'd be making outfit changes throughout the show, but I was starting out in my varsity jacket.

"Zayn." Lux pointed at me as she noticed I was looking at the two of them. Giving her a small wave, I made my way over to the two of them despite the fact that I was going against my usual rituals of brushing my teeth multiple times before going on.

"Hey." I smiled, and Eve looked up at me returning the same look. Lux pointed up at me again, saying my name again.

"Zayn."

"Very good, Lux. That is Zayn." Eve encouraged the small girl and returned her gaze back to mine. Her expression was a mixture of tired and happy, which was rare.

"How're you holding up?" I asked her.

She shrugged back at me. "I'm tired even though I'm sitting down, but she's adorable, and very smart. Didn't someone just say you were on in ten minutes?"

I nodded.

"Shouldn't you be getting touched up or something?" She asked, tilting her head slightly to the side. She always seemed to do that when she was asking a question.

"What." I scoffed, pretending to be offended. "Don't I already look flawless?"

"Well yeah, but I just thought-"

"I was kidding." I interrupted with a chuckle. "But thanks for saying I'm flawless." I winked at her, but had to go backstage with the rest of the boys. "Wish us good luck."

"You'll do great, I'm positive." Eve reached over Lux and squeezed my hand, giving me goosebumps again.

Man I was whipped!

Eve's POV

As the show went on, I could hear the loud screaming even though the door was closed in the dressing room. That wasn't bothering me so much since we were at a concert, but once Lux started to copy the screams, I started to get uneasy.

"Shhh, Lux." I tried to calm her down, but it was no use. She was getting amusement out of this. "Come on Lux, lets play the quiet game." I tried desperately.

Thankfully, a white-blonde haired woman named Lou burst into the room. "Lux! Why are you screaming?"

"She was trying to imitate the crowd." I sighed in relief that her mummy came to my rescue.

"Again? I'm sorry Eve, I think Harry taught her that. I'll take her now." She held out her arms so Lux could transition from my lap to Lou's strong and motherly grip. Immediately, the screaming stopped and I sat back on the couch with my hands rested on my bump. I really wished I was on a bed, but no.

"So," Lou sat down after giving Lux her binky, and setting her down to play with a few toys on the floor in front of us. "Update on Zayn please." I couldn't stop from blushing furiously about it, though it felt nice to be able to gush about my feelings for him. I needed to let it out before I exploded on him. Poor guy.