Chapter 17

I couldn't sleep. My hormones were getting the best of me. First of all, it was hard to keep composure when one of the sexiest lads alive was sleeping next to me. Second, I was irritated at the fact that I was unable to get comfy in this wonderful bed. And lastly, I was going mad because I couldn't do a thing about either of those things.

I tossed and turned all night, but I just couldn't fall asleep no matter how hard I tried. I didn't want to wake Zayn. I'd done enough of that when I'd had my cravings. Alfie looked so peaceful on his new dog bed.

So I just stared at the ceiling and thought. I thought about my parents, my childhood, Liam, Zayn, and then I started to think about Andrew.

My ex, my "baby daddy" as some people might call it, my first love. Well that's what I thought it was anyway. Love. That's what he told me it was. Turns out that's not what it was at all.

*Flashback*

"Baby girl, what's wrong?" Andrew asked me as soon as he opened his front door. I had puffy eyes from crying my eyes out just a few minutes ago. As soon as I got my pregnancy test results, I raced to Andrew's house to tell him. I was so scared of his reaction. I knew he wouldn't be pleased. It was just my gut feeling.

"Come in and tell me what happened." He said softly, taking me in his arms and leading me to his living room.

I sat down with him on the sofa and he peered into my eyes, waiting for me to spit it out. "I found something out, just now." I managed to say.

"What is it, baby?"

I began to sob again. "I-I'm pregnant."

Suddenly any trace of kindness and comfort was gone. Andrew had tensed up, looking shocked and angry. "What did you just say?"

"I'm pregnant." I repeated.

"Are you serious? This isn't a joke?"

I shook my head and bit my lip, waiting for his response. He stood up coldly and pointed towards the front door. "Get out. I don't want anything to do with you or this baby."

The look in his eye scared me. I continued to sob as I rushed out of his house. How could he be so cruel and heartless? This was the same guy who told me he loved me every day. The same one who always kissed me and held my hand. It was all gone. He hated me now. As I ran go my house, the tears just kept on coming like an endless waterfall.

The way he had snapped at me without even taking a moment to think about things told me all I needed to know about him. He wouldn't have stuck by me anyway. But I'm glad it happened, because I wouldn't be in my current position.

*End of Flashback*

I woke up to the feeling of something wet and slobbery on my face.

"What the-" I paused as I forced my eyelids to open and saw Alfie licking my face like a hyperactive crazy dog. "Alfie!"

"Come on Alfie, you've had your fun." Zayn chuckled from his spot next to me on the bed and picked the puppy up, placing him on the floor. He couldn't quite jump on the bed on his own yet.

"Good morning sunshine." Zayn grinned at me.

I groaned. "I barely got any sleep last night."

"Go back to sleep, then."

"I can't."

"Why's that?" Zayn asked me, rolling over and lifting my top so it revealed my belly.

As usual, he kissed it, and I giggled since his stubble tickled me.

"I'm already up."

"That's too bad. Guess you'll have to spend your morning with me." He smiled, getting out of bed and offering to help me up with his hands.