Chapter 5

The past week and a half was difficult for me. I was starting to get more and more uncomfortable every day.

One day I would be throwing up.

One day I would be all hot and bothered by the attractive boys I was living with. And the frustration of their attractiveness would irritate me to no end.

One day I would be extremely moody.

One day I would be constantly peeing and eating and need things all the time.

Oh who am I kidding? I was a messy combination of all of the above every single day! And I felt so bad for the boys who had to constantly deal with me. But this was the day I would have my doctors appointment to check up on everything.

"Ready?" Liam asked as me, him, and Zayn made our way to the car.

I gulped loudly. "Yeah. I guess." Niall and Harry wanted to have a golfing day, and Louis was spending the day with his girlfriend Eleanor. I still hadn't met Danielle or Eleanor, but I was assured that it would happen soon enough. Zayn was the only one left, and decided to accept our offer when we asked if he wanted to tag along.

I was nervous to see how I was doing. I tried really hard to eat nutritional foods like the baby books instructed, but sometimes I really needed some ice cream.

"Don't be nervous Eve." Zayn told me from the backseat as we pulled into the hospital parking garage.

I didn't respond. Instead I let out a sigh and looked down at my stomach. I had made a habit of doing this whenever I was having doubts or feeling uneasy. I just had to remember why I was going through this entire thing. For the baby. It deserved so much more than what I could give alone.

Before I knew it, the three of us were in the waiting room, anticipating my name to be called. We had waited for about fifteen minutes.

"I need to go use the restroom." Liam told us. Zayn was sitting next to me, flipping through a magazine, and I was sitting there, staring at the cheap wallpaper, just hoping I could get the whole thing over with. I mean it wasn't-

"Eve Payne?" A nurse called out, reading my name from the clipboard she held in her hands. I looked over at Zayn, recognizing that Liam was still in the bathroom.

"I'll go with you if you want." He said softly. I bit my lip, suddenly feeling ten times more nervous.

"Okay." I blurted, getting up out of my seat to follow the nurse with Zayn right behind me.

We were directed into a small room with a chair similar to the dentist. No one was there yet. "The doctor will be right with you." The nurse told us before going off somewhere else and closing the door. I had changed into a hospital gown, which was way too big for me.

Zayn didn't say anything, just looked at me. I wasn't showing yet. My stomach was still fairly flat. Meaning the boys could still go out in public with me without me being labeled as pregnant.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Zayn surprised me by snapping me out of my own world.

"I just care about the baby. And I want to make sure everything is okay." I replied straight away.

He was about to reply, and I could tell it was pretty deep because he had taken a long pause. But the doctor beat him to it my opening the door.

"Hello there." He shook my hand, then Zayn's. "I'm Dr. Cooley."

"I'm Eve." I smiled politely.

"I'm Zayn. Nice to meet you." Zayn said. He was painful to watch. Not because he was awkward or anything, but because he was so perfect.