Chapter 40

A/n: Hi everybody, I have some stuff to say.

I'm actually on spring break right now, vacationing, and I would have updated yesterday had I not been on the plane, and I apologize for that.

As most of us do at some point, I'm going through a really really hard time right now. I'm not going to bore you with details, but I need your prayers because I'm not in a good place right now and this is literally the only place where I feel valued. So I'm just asking for you to pray or me or keep me in your thoughts because I need it.

Contact Me!

Instagram & Spapchat: lexanoelle

Twitter: noellexa

YouTube: In external link

Tumblr: quietgirlloudworld

Blog: alexanoellejones.blogspot.com

Eve's POV

"Are you ready to go yet, baby?"

I looked at myself in the mirror, groaning internally. I hadn't managed to lose all of the baby weight I'd gained, which meant I kind of looked like a marshmallow in the white sundress I was wearing.

Zayn and I were going on our date tonight, trusting Liam and Danielle with Aiden. I didn't know if I was jittery about leaving my baby or going with Zayn looking like this. Maybe both.

"Uh, yeah. I'm coming." I replied, slipping on some sandals. I'd given Liam a bottle and some instructions on when he was to go to bed, and then repeated them to Danielle because I knew Liam well enough to know that he'd forget.

It was time to go.

I rushed out of our room to see Zayn waiting patiently outside the door with a smile playing on his lips. "You look beautiful."

"Thanks, you uh-" I scanned my delicious boyfriend. "You look really nice as well."

It seemed that Zayn could tell that something wasn't right, his smile faltering. "What's the matter?"

"Nothing, I'm just a bit uneasy about leaving Aiden again."

"Listen, he'll be alright as long as Liam and Danielle are caring for him. We should go now or else we'll miss our reservation." Zayn had told me that we'd have a nice dinner, and then do some stargazing later on. I loved the fact that he didn't keep it a secret since I wasn't a fan of surprises.

"Let me just say goodbye to Aiden." I ran up the stairs to Liam's room and saw Liam and Danielle playing with my son on the bed. It looked like a really intense game of peek-a-boo.

Liam turned his attention from Aiden to see me in the doorway, a look of confusion on his face. "You haven't left yet?"

"No, I wanted to say goodbye to my baby." I explained and scurried over to the bed to give Aiden a big kiss and whisper that I loved him into his tiny little ear. "Thanks for doing this for us. We owe you one."

"You don't owe us anything, now go before Zayn leaves without you!" Dani shooed me away and I hurried back down the stairs, knowing Zayn was probably getting a bit impatient.

"Now are you ready?" He asked, taking my hand.

"Ready." I confirmed.

"Reservation, sir?" The hostess asked as we neared the very fancy front desk.

"Malik." Zayn replied and took my hand. I could tell some people around us recognized him because of all of the staring that was directed at us.

"Right this way." The woman waved us into a secluded room where we wouldn't be bothered before walking gracefully back to her desk. I envied her thin body that was so far from my mum figure.