Chapter 7

Eve's POV

This is how my morning went.

I got up, threw up, showered, ate breakfast, threw up again, tried to get ready, miserably failed, and got hungry again.

I avoided all of the boys, who were getting ready themselves. I hadn't seen anyone yet, but it was almost 10:30 am. Danielle and Eleanor were supposed to arrive in about two hours. I was feeling massively sick. It wasn't even just a little bit. I felt like I was going to puke at any moment. But at the same time I was hungry. I had managed to put my hair in a ponytail and apply some light makeup. My outfit consisted of my favorite sweatshirt and a pair of leggings. Even though I'd tried to hide it, I'm sure anyone with a brain could tell I was sick. Why today?

I wanted so badly just to look good enough to stand next to Liam and Louis' girlfriends. But of course I had to get sick. I looked like shit.

I scanned the cupboards for some saltines, and dug in to the only thing that wouldn't make me blow chunks.

Being so caught up in my 'breakfast' , I hadn't even realized Zayn and Harry had come in to the kitchen.

Zayn was wearing a white tee shirt and some chinos , and Harry wore his Ramones tee shirt and some dark jeans. They both looked sexy.

"Good morning." I groaned.

"Morning Eve." Harry smiled before making his way to scope the fridge out.

"Hey Eve." Zayn said with his thick northern accent. He was so attractive.

As I gazed at him, he gazed back, but with a funny look on his face. "Are you okay? You don't look so good."

"Gee thanks." I replied flatly. I could hear Harry giggling.

"No, I mean you look great, but sick." Zayn pressed.

"Yeah I've thrown up about three separate times this morning. That's why I'm eating crackers instead of actual food." I explained with no trace of cheerfulness in my voice. "Today of all days." I added.

Zayn gave me a knowing look. He was well aware of my insecurity, and this just made it so much worse. "You still look beautiful. Just, sick." Zayn repeated. "They'll understand." He told me in a lower voice, coming closer.

"Aww look at the two of you." Harry grinned cheekily, causing Zayn to move away from me a little bit.

Zayn cleared his throat.

"Alright I'll leave you alone." Harry said, increasing the awkwardness. "And I won't tell Liam." He whispered.

Face palm.

"Don't mind him." Zayn said once he was gone. "He likes to kid around."

"I can see that." I giggled.

"You know, I keep forgetting you're only seventeen." Zayn mentioned as he scanned his options for some food.

"You know what? Me too. I've been forced to grow up a lot faster than I actually am." I replied.

"I think it just shows how strong you are. Dealing with feeling so sick all the time, the changes, making all of those sacrifices. I know I'd never be able to do any of it." He said, holding his gaze on me.

I sighed and held my head in my hands. I didn't even want to think anymore. I felt so light headed.

"Hey, if you're feeling sick, you've got time to get some rest. I can wake you up when the girls get here if you want." He offered sweetly.

"Thank you." I smiled like a wimp before trudging to my room and into my bed, falling into my own world.

Zayn's POV