Chapter 13

Zayn's POV

After tucking Eve into bed, I returned back to the kitchen where the boys were sitting.

"So, you two have gotten quite close." Harry smirked at me. The boys were always teasing me about my feelings towards Eve, especially when Liam wasn't around.

"She's a nice girl." I shrugged, trying to hide a smile.

"Ha! Nice girl." Niall scoffed.

"You just took her to her ultrasound, and you carried her, and you do that kind of thing all the time with her. He's whipped, isn't he?" Louis asked, earning nods in agreement from Harry and Niall.

"Definitely. She's got you in the palm of her hand. It's not a bad thing. It's cute. You guys would make a great team." Harry wiggled his eyebrows.

"Team?" I asked.

"Lets not forget she's having a baby in what, four months? She's going to need someone by her side. And it looks like that'll be you." He explained with a mischievous grin.

I shook my head. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Yeah, of course you don't." Niall laughed. "We all know you fancy her, Zayn."

I tried to keep a straight face as I denied it by shaking my head.

"Just admit it!" Harry waved his arms around.

I looked down at my suddenly intriguing hands, avoid all of their eyes.

"So what's for dinner?" I asked, trying desperately to change the subject. Louis was the only one I'd opened up to about this, and I felt like if anyone else knew, Liam would find out too.

And that wouldn't be good.

"I could make some pasta." Harry suggested.

"Yes!" Niall cheered. Harry's cooking was brilliant, and Niall was a fan of food anyway.

"It won't take long. Uh Zayn, why don't you uh.. Go get Eve." Harry winked.

I shook my head and headed towards her room. "Take your time." Niall called after me.

I flipped him off without turning around to see his reaction, and quietly opened the door to Eve's room.

To my surprise, she wasn't even sleeping. Her eyes were wide open as she stared at the ceiling. She looked over at me and I let myself in.

"Hey." I came over to the side of the bed. "Why aren't you sleeping?"

"I'm too excited." She smiled up at me with her hands rested on her belly.

I chuckled at her, and she scooted over so I could sit in her bed with her. I let her lean her head into my chest, and we sat in silence for a minute or two.

"Are you hungry?" I asked.

She sighed. "No, I'm too excited to eat. And that's saying something."

"Have you thought about names yet?" I began to stroke her hair just to keep my hands busy.

"I looked through that names book we bought, and I saw a few that I liked." Eve shrugged.

"I know a perfect name." I smirked.

"Let me guess." She groaned. "Zayn."

I laughed, but didn't deny it.

"I'll consider it." She replied, taking me by surprise.

"Really?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Yeah, I like that name." Eve said, smiling up at me. I loved the way the corners of her lips turned up slightly when she smiled, and the fact that she could smile just with her eyes. "Why're you staring at me with that grin on your face?"