Chapter 44

Eve's POV

"Can I just say something to you before I start this car?"

"Sure." I nodded at Zayn, who was looking at me from his position in the driver's seat.

Aiden was all strapped into his car seat in the back, our suitcases had been shoved into the boot, and we'd said goodbye to the boys, Danielle, Eleanor, and Alfie. Liam had promised to take care of him while we were gone, and I trusted that he would.

Taking my hand, Zayn burned my eyes with his gleaming ones and stared at me.

"I know you're nervous, believe me. I've put you under a lot of pressure and Im sorry. But we'll get through this together, and don't forget that I love you more than anyone. If my family doesn't see that, we can always hypnotize them with Aiden's cuteness." Zayn said.

I gave him a weak smile before leaning in and pressing a small kiss to his lips. "Thanks."

The thing about Zayn was that he was so perfect that it actually felt like it was too good to be true. I trusted him, but there was something in me always wondering if it was all a dream or a practical joke. That the perfect guy would actually come to love the girl who'd made so many mistakes that weren't erasable.

Aiden wasn't the mistake. Andrew was. I happened to gain something incredible from such a walking waste of time.

"Anytime. Now let's get this show on the road." He started to pull out of our driveway and I gave him a look.

"Since when do you say 'let's get this show on the road'?"

"Since I woke up in the middle of the night when there happened to be a Hannah Montana rerun playing." He admitted, making me laugh without even trying to hold back. He was asking for it.

"Eve, you'll wake Aiden." Zayn reminded me of the sleeping baby in the back, and I covered my mouth.

"It's not my fault. My grown boyfriend watches Hannah Montana and picks up silly catchphrases." I hissed.

"Sweet nibblets." I heard him mutter under his breath. This time I managed to bite my laugh back and enjoy the car ride.

"And there's this great spot right next to the pizza shack- Are you falling asleep on me?" Zayn asked . I'd been listening to him give me the low down on Bradford for the past hour and couldn't help it when my eyelids started to close.

I wasn't sure how long we'd been in the car, but it felt like a long time to me. I didn't want to think about it, though, because then I'd have to mentally prepare myself for a pressure filled week.

"Yes." I replied honestly.

"Am I boring you that much?" He chuckled.

"No, I'm just tired. Aiden woke me up again last night, and I was so nervous about meeting your family that it took me a while to actually fall back asleep." I explained to him with a drowsy tone lingering in my voice.

Zayn sighed and took a hand off of the wheel so it was encased in mine. "Get some rest baby."

"Sing to me." I commanded sleepily. "Please."

With another sigh he asked, "What do you want me to sing?"

"Anything." My eyes were now fully shut and I was on the brink of getting in the nap I needed.

There was a long pause before I could hear Zayn take a breath.

"You get the limo out front, hottest styles, every shoe, every color."