Chapter 23

"Eve? Are you all set?" Liam came into the room where I was just making sure I'd packed everything I needed for touring with the boys. It was surreal, to be perfectly honest. I never thought this would be happening. And I was getting very close to having the baby. I'd pretty much be giving birth right after we got back.

Dr. Cooley gave me a hesitant okay to travel while being so far along, and suggested there be an on site doctor there to take care of anything that happened along the way. According to Paul, he'd be meeting us at the airport and coming along everywhere with us.

"Yup. Can you grab my suitcases for me please?" I asked, motioning to the three massive bags and the carry-on I'd packed. I'd been scrambling all morning to get things organized while Zayn, and the rest of the boys, stayed in bed and gave themselves half an hour to pack and get ready.

Boys will be boys, I suppose.

"Of course. Go ahead and get in the van waiting in the front. We'll get some breakfast once we get through security at the airport." Liam ordered, patting my back with encouragement as I made my way out.

Somehow, everyone but me was already in the car, ready to go. How'd they even do it? "You all amaze me." I muttered, getting into the car with some trouble. I was massive, and everything had just become more of a struggle for me. I resorted to flip flops so I wouldn't have to bend over, and mostly dresses, skirts, or sweats. Of course I was always hungry, always complaining. It was a miracle the boys didn't kick me out of the house!

As soon as Liam had gotten my luggage in the trunk, we were off to the airport, on our way to America. I'd never been before.

"Where are we going first?" I asked Liam, who was sitting next to me. Zayn was sleeping, Harry and Paul were having a conversation as Paul drove, and Niall and Louis were absolutely glued to their phones.

"Los Angeles." He grinned, knowing visiting California had always been a dream of mine. I wanted to experience it just like the movies. Sunny, luxurious, fun, full of hot guys, and packed with celebrities. I had a feeling I would be in no condition to enjoy any of it, considering I was in bed most of the time on a daily basis.

"So boys, and Eve, Lou and Lux are meeting us at the hotel, Caroline won't arrive until tomorrow, but everyone else on the team is already there and preparing." Paul explained. I remembered the nice things the boys had said about Lou and her baby Lux. And apparently their wardrobe stylist Caroline had the funniest laugh. I was genuinely excited to have a few girls around since Eleanor and Danielle wouldn't be there for most of the tour.

And then I realized, I was in for one heck of a roller coaster ride.

***

When we passed security at the airport, also passing the swarms of paparazzi mercilessly snapping pictures of the boys, and me, the on site doctor was waiting at the gate. Since Paul had made the arrangements, he introduced the doctor to us.

"This is Dr. Reid, everyone." He grunted, obviously tired of- well, everything. "I'm off to get a Starbucks." I giggled as Paul trudged over to the Starbucks across our gate. Poor guy.

"Nice to meet you." I smiled at the handsome chap who was supposed to be taking care of me for the next few months. "I'm Eve."

He smiled and shook my hand firmly. "Nice to meet you too. I'm Dr. Reid, but you can call me Greg if you want." He had very very blue eyes, sandy colored hair, and he was tall, but built. He looked about twenty-five at the oldest.

He and the boys did their introductions and then Greg turned his attention back to me. "So when exactly are you due?"

"August eight."