Chapter 49

Eve's POV

The day had been so perfect, not that I didn't love taking care of my baby. I really did miss him, and used all of my willpower to not call Zayn to check on them every five minutes. I spent most of my day feasting on the delicious waffles Zayn made, and watching TV in a very fluffy robe that was way too comfortable to not be worn all day. After letting my brain cells die, I decided to take a nice long bath that shriveled my skin up so I looked like a golden raisin, and not in the good way (If there is a good way to look like a golden raisin).

I felt like nothing could possibly ruin my joyous day, but all of that changed when Zayn walked through that door with Aiden screaming his lungs out. I assumed he was just tired or something, so I made my way over to the entryway.

As soon as I saw Zayn, my jaw dropped. He was holding Aiden with cuts scattered all over his face.

My jaw dropped and I immediately scurried over to see the cuts closer. "What happened?"

Zayn was shaky, his eyes bloodshot. No answer.

"What happened?" I repeated in a more demanding tone.

It looked like Zayn could barely even collect the words in his brain to say anything.

"Are you alright?"

No answer.

"You have to tell me what's going on. Why is Aiden screaming? What happened to your face?"

There was a long pause before Zayn opened his mouth. My jaw dropped when the words slipped out of his mouth.

Zayn's POV (earlier)

I was trying to figure out ways to get out of the car park without killing the huge swarm of paparazzi surrounding the car. Poor Aiden was crying, and I really didn't want to honk and make it even worse for him. Besides, I was sure they were all immune to that anyway.

Sighing, I just decided to rev up my engine and go, hoping they would all use common sense and move out of the way. Luckily, as soon as I did that, they parted like the red sea. I sped out of there so they wouldn't be able to follow us.

But as soon as I got onto the road, I wished I would have stayed in that stupid car park and had tea with the paps.

I wasn't looking. I don't know how I ended up being so irresponsible and stupid, but it happened. I crashed my car right into the back of another one.

As soon as it happened, the glass from my windshield started to shatter and cut my face. I didn't care about that, though. My first thought was Aiden. The poor guy was screaming from the backseat. I was so thankful that the crash was in the front instead of the back.

"Oh god oh god oh god." I murmured to myself in a panic. I had just gotten in a car accident with the baby in the car. What was I supposed to do? Get out of the car? Try to drive home? Call a tow truck? Call 999? I'd never gotten in a car crash before and I hated myself for not knowing what to do.

The car I hit was way bigger than mine, and it only looked like I made a dent in it, not that I would mind paying for damage. When I saw the passengers get out of that car, I mirrored their actions, taking a screaming Aiden out of his car seat and rocking him in an attempt to calm him down.

It looked like I'd hit a middle-aged couple, maybe a bit younger than my parents. They came toward me, immediately worried as soon as they saw Aiden in my arms.

"I'm so sorry." I began.

"It's alright, but are you okay? Is your baby okay?" The woman asked in a rushed tone. She came around to examine Aiden's face. "Oh, he's just precious, poor thing."