Chapter 47

Zayn's POV

"Zayn..." Eve trailed off with the ring clad in her hands. She seemed to look at in disbelief. She blinked a few times to make sure she was seeing correctly and I sighed.

"It's not for right now." I told her. "My dad gave it to me because it's the same one my granddad gave to my grandmum. I'm not going to ask you to marry me at this stage in our relationship. Don't worry."

"But..."

"Eve, just forget about this ring. Think of it as proof that I'm serious about us. I mean everything I say to you." I carefully snatched the ring out of her grasp and stuffed it back into my pocket casually.

"I didn't need any proof." Eve shook her head and came closer to me and wrapped her arms around my neck. "But I love you. Sorry for digging through your pocket."

I laughed a pressed a kiss onto her nose. "It's alright. No harm done. Well, except on the element of surprise." Now that she knew about the ring, and it's importance, I guess there was no point in trying to be secretive about it. But that only goes for the ring. The proposal had to be spectacular now. Luckily, I had plenty of time to think about it.

"I suppose we should go back downstairs." Eve suggested.

"I'd much rather stand in the hallway with you and kiss your nose one hundred times."

Eve's POV

The day after I found the ring in Zayn's pocket, things kind of just went back to normal. I made an effort to just forget about it and it worked well enough.

"Good morning baby." I woke up to the sound of Zayn's deep morning voice in my ear. Aiden wasn't in the room for some odd reason, so he was spooning me with arms secured around my waist.

"Where's Aiden?" I asked.

"My mum came and got him because she wanted you to get to sleep in this morning." He told me and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"That's so sweet of her. She's an angel." I sighed. Trisha really was an angel for letting me get some extra sleep for once. It was a rare occasion, and I absolutely loved it. I must have really slept in though if Zayn was waking me up.

The night before, after the whole ring incident, Trisha and I had a conversation about how little sleep I was getting. She knew exactly how I felt, but told me that it would get better when Aiden got older. He would learn to sleep through the whole night. That alone sounded too good to be true.

"What are we doing today?" I asked. We were already half way through our trip and I was sad to see it coming to a close.

"I thought you could spend some time with my sisters, and I could take Aiden and my parents out today. Is that alright?"

I nodded. "It sounds fun."

"Are you sure you'll be okay with my crazy sisters by yourself?" He asked.

No.

"Yes."

"Positive?"

No. No I'm not.

"Yes. Yes I am." I told him.

"Sick." Zayn got up from the bed. "I'll go tell Doniya."

As soon as Zayn was gone I sighed. God what was I going to do? I liked Waliyha and Safaa, and especially liked Doniya, but I didn't know what they thought of me. What if they all secretly hated me and tried to tell Zayn to break up with me or something?

Sure, they loved Aiden, but who doesn't love babies? I was a bit harder to like. I mean, a young mum who is suddenly dating their beloved brother? What possessed me to agree to this?