Chapter 18

"Harry, where are we going and why?" I demanded as he drove his black range rover through the streets of London. I wasn't familiar with the area, so I couldn't tell where he was taking me.

"You'll see in a minute. Just be patient." Harry replied in his low husky voice.

"Why can't you just tell me? I'm not a fan of surprises." I grumbled.

"Because, babe. Telling you would take away the fun." He explained with his famous smirk. I rolled my eyes and kept quiet until he parked his car in front of a big glass building. It was marked West London Day Spa.

"Harry,you're taking me to the spa?" I asked excitedly. I'd never been before, but I'd seen how lovely they looked in films.

"Yup." He grinned. I clapped my hands, grabbed his hand, and yanked him inside.

The inside was very upscale and modern. There was a front desk in the lobby where a woman was standing in front of a computer. In addition to the lobby, there was a miniature shop where you could buy some products like lotion and bath salts.

"Can I help you?" The woman asked as we approached her.

"I've got a reservation for Styles." Harry smiled proudly.

"Alright. So Eve is getting a mani pedi and a facial. Harry is getting a massage. Correct?" She asked, reading the information off of the screen.

At that moment, Harry was my favorite person in the world. Why was he even doing this for me?

"Harry, this is lovely. But why are you doing this for me all of the sudden?" I asked him after the woman told us someone would get us for our appointments.

"No reason. I just felt like treating you to something nice. You're always alone at home or with Zayn." He shrugged.

"What's wrong with Zayn?" I asked.

"Nothing, but I feel like we've lived in the same house for half of a year and we barely spend time together."

"I-" I started, but I was cut off.

"Harry Styles? They're ready for you." A woman announced, and then Harry got up.

"What happened to spending time together?" I laughed.

"I'll be with you in spirit." Harry waved.

"Yeah, yeah. Have fun with your lame massage."

***

"So how was it?" Zayn asked me as soon as Harry and I got home. My nails and toenails were painted a beautiful lavender color, and my face felt fresh.

"Amazing." I gushed.

"Glad you had some fun." He replied, hopping onto our bed. "Poor little Alfie has been abducted by Louis and Niall. So no puppy to cuddle with tonight."

I frowned. "Aw."

"I know. I tried stopping them but it was no use." Zayn sighed dramatically, making me laugh and crawl into bed too.

Harry and I got home pretty late since we stopped to get something to eat on the way home. Oddly enough, I was craving a pickle, so we had to stop at McDonald's and ask for one.

I turned the lamp off and the room was filled with darkness, aside from Zayn's phone. His eyes seemed to be glued to it.

"Who's more important than I am?" I teased.

"My mum." He chuckled, showing me his screen. He actually was texting his mum. How sweet!

"That's so cute!" I cooed. It made me think about my own mum, the one that disowned me. I wished we'd stayed in contact. I didn't hate her. We had our differences, but I wished it didn't have to be this way.

"We're actually talking about you." He said, surprising me.

"Really? What about me?"

"She saw those pictures of us online and she wanted to know who you were. So I'm explaining the situation to her." He told me, his eyes still glued to his phone as he typed away.

I was a bit nervous. Who knows why, but I was. I wanted to know what he was saying about me.

"What're you saying about the situation?" I asked, trying to dig more information out of him.

He finally looked at me, even if it was in the dark. "I told her that you're Liam's cousin, that you're pregnant, you moved in, we share a room because we needed room for the nursery, we've gotten very close, and that you're beautiful of course."

My heart jumped at that last bit. He thought I was beautiful? It was a good thing we were in the dark because I probably had a tomato red face. I didn't even know how to respond.

"Oh. Well, what did your mum say back?" I asked.

"She said," he trailed off, checking his phone for her exact words. " 'she sounds lovely. I hope you'll bring her to meet us and the girls.' "

I remembered him telling me about his sisters. From the way he talked about them, they were great.

"She sounds so nice." I beamed.

"She's the best." Zayn agreed.

I was getting tired after Zayn and I had talked for a while, except I couldn't get comfy. I turned around, repositioning myself, but nothing was working.

"Are you okay?" Zayn asked.

"I'm just getting irritated. I can't sleep because this baby will not let me."

Zayn chuckled at me, most likely because I was flopping around like a fish out of water.

"It's not funny. You put a big hard shell on top of your stomach that you can't crush and try to sleep." I mumbled.

"I'm sorry, Eve. I know it's hard for you." He apologized. Funny thing was, I could feel the warmth of his breath on my skin. I didn't recall him being so close to me.

"I-it is hard." I stuttered.

At that point I felt like I couldn't breathe. I knew it would come out shaky. The pressure in the room seemed to be off of the charts and I didn't know what would happen next.

"Eve?" Zayn whispered.

"Yeah?"

There was a long pause before Zayn sighed.

"Goodnight."

Contact Me! 

Instagram & Spapchat: lexanoelle

Twitter: noellexa

YouTube: In external link

Tumblr: quietgirlloudworld

Blog: alexanoellejones.blogspot.com