Chapter 54

A/n: GUYS, THIS IS IMPORTANT!

I've decided to end Changes soon and make a sequel, and this will be the last chapter! This is just so I don't have to do another skip in time. In the sequel, Aiden will be about 4 years old. I've made a cover and everything.

The sequel with be called 'Growth', How does that sound?

Contact Me!

Instagram & Spapchat: lexanoelle

Twitter: noellexa

YouTube: In external link

Tumblr: quietgirlloudworld

Blog: alexanoellejones.blogspot.com

Zayn's POV

I woke up to light streaming into our new room, the smell of clean linen and shampoo, and the feeling of Eve's soft face against my chest. For the fifth day in a row, I woke up to perfection. Of course Aiden still woke us up in the middle of the night and everything, but life couldn't get much better.

I studied my girlfriend's features carefully. She didn't have a single flaw, which was why I was still so confused about why Andrew would leave someone like her. I couldn't escape it. Eve's steady breathing was like music to my ears as I closed my eyes to enjoy the moment. Absolutely nothing could ruin it.

And then the crying started. I spoke too soon.

I felt Eve start to stir from next to me and I sighed. "Go back to sleep, babe. I've got this." She didn't reply due to the fact that she seemed to already be back to sleep. It was nice to have time off from work so Eve didn't have to do everything on her own.

I slipped out of our bed and walked into the room next door, Aiden's cries amplifying from the crib. I rushed to pick him up and rocked him around until he was calm.

"Let's get your diaper changed." I said, smiling at Aiden and giving him a kiss on the cheek. His eyes were just like his mum's. Curious, dark, big, and beautiful.

Bringing him to the changing table, I got him out of his onesie and tickled his bare tummy.

The best thing in the world was to look down and see your son giggling and smiling at you. The worst thing is to have your smile wiped away by the awful smell of a dirty diaper.

As fast as I could, I got him out of the diaper, wiped, powdered, and put Aiden in a fresh one. Changing diapers was really not my favorite.

I shuddered and picked my Aiden up, lifting him up over my head and bringing him back down so I could kiss him.

I brought him back down into a secure position and made a funny face before I spoke. "Good morning little man."

"Good morning baby." A familiar voice from behind me yawned. I turned around to see Eve sauntering towards me with a tired smile on her face.

"Hey, I thought I told you to go back to sleep." I frowned.

She giggled and leaned in to give me a soft kiss. "And miss you changing his diaper with that expression on your face?"

Eve had this thing where she wanted to watch me change Aiden's diapers because apparently the face I made while doing it was hilarious.

Shaking my head, I handed Aiden over to his mum so she could say good morning to her baby as well. The way she looked at him made my heart swell. The love in her eyes was undeniable as she whispered into his ear.

Eve set Aiden down on a blanket on the floor and came towards me to give me a hug.

"You're so fit." She murmured.

I laughed at her statement and replied, "I try."

"What would you like for breakfast?" She asked, pecking my lips in between every word.

"Mmm, why don't I make you breakfast and you relax with the baby?"

"There's no such thing as relaxing with the baby." Eve smiled. "But that sounds lovely."

I pressed my lips against hers one more time before I left the nursery and made my way into the kitchen. Alfie followed me and scampered to the back door to be let out into the backyard.

"Leaving already, mate?" I chuckled as I opened the door.

Saying the word 'mate' drew my mind back to the boys. I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss living with Liam, Louis, Niall, and Harry, but I felt like a proper adult now. I wondered if they were a bit resentful of me for leaving them for Eve. It wasn't like I left the band, I just fell in love.

It was kind of encouraged by them that we move out in the first place, but I was used to just having this understanding with them that friends came before girls.

"You alright?" My head snapped up to see Eve standing a few feet away. She had Aiden in her arms, of course, smiling as usual.

"Yeah." I smiled back and began to get my ingredients together. I could feel Eve staring at me, but I didn't want to talk about something that wasn't a big deal.

"Have you been missing the boys?" She sighed knowingly. My head shot up so I could look at her.

"How did you know that?"

She shrugged. "Intuition, I suppose. I know you're not used to being away from them, and I understand. Sometimes you just want to be with your friends."

"I'd rather be with you." I told her.

Eve looked at me as if she were searching my face for some emotion. "I love you. But if you ever feel like you need your space, please tell me. Get your space."

I nodded.

"Now, make us some breakfast while I feed this little guy." She shifted Aiden in her arms and headed back to the nursery to breast feed.

My eyes followed her until she was gone, disbelief running through my brain. It was almost like she was too perfect. I had yet to find something really wrong with her. Everything about Eve was beautiful and special, and it had to be too good to be true.

The day I met her, I knew she had a good heart, a beautiful exterior and interior, and unfortunately she was out of my reach. But I couldn't help but fall in love with her. It couldn't have possibly turned out better.

But this was how it would be. The four of us, a happy family, going through the good, the great, the bad, the crazy, the stable moments, and the changes.

When she was pregnant, Eve went through so many different things, growing physically, and mentally into a mother. And in my mind, I grew into a father. I watched Eve change while she changed me.

*To Be Continued*

A/n: Don't forget that this isn't the end! I will be posting Growth up soon! I hope you'll all read it. :)

I've actually planned a lot of drama for the sequel, so I really do hope everyone will stick with me. I love you all!