Chapter 2

I woke up to the muffled sound of a strumming guitar, some voices singing, and the smell of something that made me feel nauseous. It was a mixture of pig and grease, most likely bacon. Mum never made bacon though...

Then I became aware of my surroundings and realized that the events in my strange dream weren't from a dream at all. They were my reality. I got out of bed, the smell getting stronger with every step that I took. My stomach churned and my head became lighter than usual. I opened the door, holding onto the frame for support, unable to even open my eyes. I was so dizzy.

"Eve, are you alright?" I heard Liam ask. I tried to nod, but the smell of bacon really took over my body, and I felt myself running back into my room to get to the bathroom. I made it to the toilet just in time. As I blew chunks of everything I'd recently eaten, I felt someone come behind me to hold my hair and rub my back. I couldn't even turn around to thank whoever it was, because liquid continued to spill out of my mouth and into the toilet.

As I finally stopped, I started to cry. I hated throwing up, but it was a part of pregnancy. This was my first case of morning sickness.

"Shhh, Eve, it'll be alright." Liam cooed from behind me. He got a cold washcloth and set it on my forehead. I sniffled.

"Thank you Li." I said, trying to smile. He stood up, grabbing my hand and pulling me up to my feet too.

"It's no problem. Sorry about the bacon. I completely forgot that you hate pork."

"It's alright. I don't mean to be such an inconvenience. It's only the first day and I'm already causing inconvenience." I sighed. But Liam just took me in his arms and hugged me tight, but not too tight. I brushed my teeth and showered, and came out feeling so much better. The smell was gone, and I was ready for a new day.

I got into some comfy sweats, a thin white tee shirt, and some fuzzy socks. I tied my hair into a messy bun and walked out of my new room. I didn't bother with makeup, because frankly I was too damn lazy for that.

"Hey boys." I smiled at the five attractive guys still sitting in the kitchen, at the table. They weren't eating anymore, just chatting amongst themselves, I guess. They all turned their heads to look at me, and smiled.

"EVE!" They chorused.

I waved and took a seat at the one spot that was empty. I was across from Zayn, and had Niall and Louis on either side of me.

"So are you okay, love?" Harry asked. I nodded with a weak smile.

"It's just a part of being pregnant, I guess." I said, earning their full attention. I guess the word pregnant was something they didn't want to say, and were surprised that I would say out loud, as if I could hide it. I looked down, playing with my fingernails as if they were the most interesting things on the planet.

"I'm sorry." I heard a strong accent whisper from in front of me. I looked up to see that it had been Zayn.

"Don't be." I smiled at him shyly, and he smiled right back with those intense eyes burning a hole through me. God he was sexy. " This baby doesn't deserve to be regretted. The only thing I can do is love this baby as much as I can."

"Wow. Your amazing." Niall said in his thick Irish accent.

"Thank you." I blushed, looking back at my nails. "So what's going on today?" I asked no one in particular.

"We thought we could just get better acquainted with you, hang out, you know." Louis said, speaking for everyone.

"Okay, that sounds good." I replied with a chipper smile. I couldn't help but feel like everyone was walking on eggshells around me, so I decided to address that early on in our relationship.

"By the way, you don't have to worry about hurting my feelings or anything. You can ask about the baby, you can say the word pregnant. You don't have to pretend like I'm not getting fatter because it's okay. I'm pregnant and you don't have to pretend like I'm not." I explained, making eye contact with all of them at different times.

They seemed a little bit embarrassed by their behavior.

**

"So she just threw it at you?" I asked, amazed by the boys and their summer tour stories.

"Yeah, and it had her house key taped to the back." Harry laughed. I giggled uncontrollably at the thought of awkward Harry being hit in the face with an iphone with a house key taped to the back of it.

"Wow. No offense but your fans are crazy." I told them all with wide eyes.

"They aren't all that bad. Just a few of them go a little bit overboard." Liam defended them.

"What if they attack my child?" I exclaimed, pointing towards my stomach.

"That's what Paul's for." Louis grinned.

"Paul?"

"Yeah, he's our tour manager and body guard all in one." Niall explained.

"Ah." I replied, getting up.

"Where are you going?" Liam asked with a hint of worry in his voice. I laughed at him softy and rolled my eyes.

"I have to pee." I answered as if it was obvious. All five of them laughed as I made my way to my bathroom.

Liam's POV

"Have you told management about this yet?" Niall asked me, keeping his voice low.

"No." I answered sheepishly.

"You better do it soon. Just call Paul. He'll understand. It shouldn't be a problem since we don't go on tour until summer with the new album." Harry added.

"Yeah, I guess so." I replied. I looked at Zayn, who'd been painfully quiet ever since Eve got here. Every time I looked at him, he was looking at Eve. I knew he wasn't dangerous, but Eve didn't need another boyfriend. She needed support. That's why she moved in with us.

I'd really missed my cousin. She was my best friend, and I felt terrible for losing touch with her. When mum called to tell me the news, I almost thought it was a joke, but she let me know that Eve had nowhere to stay, and suggested I do something about it. She was right about that.

"You alright mate?" Harry asked me.

"Yeah, just thinking." I said. Harry pat my back.

"It's alright Li. She's got us. She'll be perfectly fine." Lou assured me.

"She just deserves someone who loves her, like a husband. Most pregnant women have husbands and supporting parents. Most of them aren't seventeen years old and single." I sighed, making sure to keep my voice low.

"Yeah, she does." Zayn added quietly, probably thinking no one heard him.

"Do you fancy her Zayn?" I asked, being straightforward.

"What?" he replied with his lying face.

"You heard me."

"No, no. Definitely not." He waved his hand. I could tell he wasn't telling the truth. If he liked her this early, he would probably hurt her early too. That wasn't happening. Eve had way too much to deal with. But the thing is, when Zayn falls for someone, he falls hard. He will go great lengths to get the girl he wants.

"Good. Because Eve has enough on her plate." I said sternly, not breaking eye contact with Zayn.

"Whoa, intense." A familiar female voice commented from the side of me. Eve had come back. "Everything okay?"

"Everything's fine." I said, keeping my eyes on Zayn. If we was going to hurt her, I would have no trouble hurting him. It was my job to protect her from weasels like Andrew. Not that Zayn was a weasel, but you can never be too sure about someone.

Never.

Contact Me! 

Instagram & Spapchat: lexanoelle

Twitter: noellexa

YouTube: In external link

Tumblr: quietgirlloudworld

Blog: alexanoellejones.blogspot.com