Saved

Hi! So this was a request from somebody, I hope you like it!

Also Happy Canada Day! 🇨🇦

Steve's eyes flew over the battlefield. The six avengers seemed no match for the hundreads of enemies approaching them.

Steve tightened his shield, making eye contact with Natasha and Clint. He flicked his arm, bow clicking into place. Natasha activates her tazors, loading her hand pistols.

Steve glanced over at Bruce and Thor. Bruce nodded his head, slowly turning a greenish colour and growing to full size, letting out a roar. Thor tossed his hammer up, catching it and readying himself.

Finally, Steve glanced at Tony. Tony winked at his boyfriend, making Steve blush. The genius thrusted out his arm, the pieces of his Iron Man suit flying towards him, closing around his body. Tony caught he faceplate, putting it on himself as the eyes lit up a bright blue. Tony flew into the air, landing right beside Steve.

"Good luck." Steve said, and Tony's faceplate lifted.

"You too." He replied, and Steve bent down to kiss him quickly, before sprinting down the field, Tony flying right behind him.

Steve smashed his shield into an enemy, swiftly turning around to hit another. Hulk was tossing them left and right, while tons began to drop like flies, tazor marks all over them and arrows in their eye sockets.

The high pitches squeal of Tony's repulsors rang in Steve's ear as they fought side by side, blasting and hitting left and right.

"Big one down there, I'm going after it." Tony said, flying at high speed towards it before Steve could object. He watched as the genius flew off, still fighting through enemies.

They'd gotten through most of them, and looked towards the master, currently in a fight with Tony.

Tony tried his best to blast him, but it wasn't working. He began to grow more and more afraid. Suddenly, a large claw was wrapped around his chest, slamming him deep into the ground. He was dazed, vision blurry and unable to focus. There was yelling in his com, but he couldn't make out the words.

Steve watched as the monster grabbed Tony, slamming him into the ground. Steve sprinted towards it at light speed, throwing his shield towards it along the way. The monster swiped him aside, and he tumbled to the ground.

Tony struggled to get up, groaning in effort. His whole body ached. He gave up, but his attempt had drawn attention to him. The monster grabbed Tony's head, throwing him into a tree. Tony helmet crumbled in the grip, and the tree snapped on impact. Tony's whole body was screaming in pain, but he tried not to let it show.

Steve pulled himself out of the dirt, watching as Tony was tossed into a tree. His helmet was gone, crushed to pieces. Steve sprinted over, letting the other avengers take on the fight. He fell to his knees beside Tony, gasping for breath.

"Tony?" Steve whispered, shaking him slightly. The smaller man whimpered in pain, gripping Steve's hand.

"Tony you're going to be okay, I got you." Steve said, picking Tony up. He carried the smaller man bridal style, sprinting back to one of the jets.

"You take the other! I'm getting Tony back to the tower, he's hurt real bad." Steve practically yelled.

"Go cap!" Natasha grunted in response. Steve ran into the jet, laying Tony down on the cushioned bed in the corner. He groaned in pain, wanting to fall asleep but he couldn't.

Steve ran to the cockpit, switching on autopilot. The door closed and the jet lifted up, on its way back to Avengers tower. Steve practically launched out of his seat, running back to Tony.

Steve climbed into the bed with him, and the smaller man whimpered. Steve tousled his brown curls, stroking his cheek.

"Sh, it's okay, You're okay Tony baby." Steve whispered. Tony had tears in his eyes, opening his eyes to meet Steve's baby blue pools. Steve leaned in, connecting their lips. Steve kissed him softly, wanting to reassure Tony.

"Thank you Steve." Tony said, barely audible.

"I need you to be okay. Please baby. I love you." Steve said, words spilling out of his mouth.

"Y-you do?" Tony stuttered.

"Yes, I do." Steve replied, blushing a deep shade of crimson.

"I love you too." Tony chuckled softly, blushing as well.