Chapter 81

*Juliet's pov*

"The project for this month is for spring! So take pictures of anything you find beautiful, or anything that reminds you of this season. Due this Friday!" Mrs. Smith said as the bell rang.

I grabbed my stuff and walked next to Nash and Cam.

"Do you guys seriously think that the vice principal is going to make us keep quiet for the rest of the year?" I asked.

"I don't think so." Nash shook his head.

"Yeah, I mean we can't be quiet forever, right?" Cam asked and I shrugged. We walked into the lunch room and it was still quiet.

I sat next to Taylor and Matt.

I was eating my sandwich when Taylor sneezed.

"Bless you."

"Thank you."

"NO TALKING!" The vice principal yelled.

This is outrageous.

I rolled my eyes and Taylor smacked me to get my attention.

"Fuck her right in the pussy." He coughed and I bursted into a fit of laughter.

"Juliet and Taylor. Straight to the principal's office." The vice principal said. Taylor and I grabbed our lunches and walked to the office.

"He can't keep us silenced forever." I said and Taylor agreed.

We walked into the office and sat down in a little waiting area.

There was only a secretary at her desk.

"Marge! Mr. Edwards needs you." A voice called from a hallway in the office.

The secretary smiled as she got up and left.

"I bet you ten dollars she's hooking up with him." Taylor whispered.

"Shut up! They're both married!" I whispered back.

"Do you want to do something fun?" He asked and I nodded.

We walked to the speaker and pressed the button.

"Vice principal Jones please report to the office to suck my ass." Taylor said and I laughed.

We sat back down just in time as the vice principal walked in.

"You guys are in so much trouble.." He snapped.

"We didn't do anything.." Taylor smirked.

"Detention for a week, Taylor. As for you, Juliet. Stay after school the next two days." He growled as he walked back to the lunch room.

I rested my head on the wall.

"This sucks." I said.

"At least you don't have detention for a week."

****after detention****

I walked out of the school and hugged Taylor.

"Have fun in detention without me." I laughed.

"Very doubtful." He said as he put up his hood and walked away.

I was just about to walk to the subway when I spotted my mom and her car in front of the school.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

She usually stays at work all the time.

"We'll talk about this at home." She said as we both got into the car and she drove to the apartment.

I walked in and sat on a bench in the kitchen.

"You got detention?" She said, following me in.

"Yeah mom, I did." I said and she gasped.

"It's all because of that boy, Hayes. He's been nothing but trouble since you two met-"

"Mom, this isn't about him."

"You haven't acted like this at all and now you defend him? You two don't know what love is."

"You don't know what love is either! I haven't heard you say that word to me once before this. You're lecturing me about love when you don't know shit about it." I said.

"Don't tell me what's wrong with me. I know exactly what love is."

"Then why haven't you been remarried? Or even been on a date?" I asked.

"That doesn't matter-"

"Mom I've known you've been lying to me this entire time. You've been brainwashing me about how bad dad is but it was you!" I yelled.

"You don't know-"

"Yes I do! Dad was trying to get me away from you and that's why he did all those terrible things. You wanted nothing but to make him upset so you took me with you to make him miserable, and to make me miserable. Did you want this to be a happy family at all?" I said, motioning between the both of us, "because it isn't one, and I'm pretty sure you're going to lie to me again." I said.

"You think that that man wanted you? That he beat me up because of you?" She spat. "You're a bitch if you think that." She smirked.

"He did those things to protect me, nothing you'd ever do, mom. Or should I even call you that?" I said as I walked away and she grabbed my arm to pull me down on the floor. She pinned me to the ground.

"Listen you little brat, I've wanted to push this conversation away but I guess you want me to be the bad guy." She said, "Now you go to your room, do not tell anyone about this or else I will do something worse." She said as she let me go.

I ran to my room and closed the door.

I had to get away from here.

I grabbed the biggest backpack I could find, stuffed all my clothes, cameras, phone and charger, extra money, and anything else that seems valuable and stuffed it in.

I searched for the plane ticket to California and my ticket to Coachella in my drawer. I shoved both in the pockets of my backpack.

I opened the window and climbed outside.

I stood in front of Hayes's door and knocked.

After a few moments, he answered.

"Juliet? Are you okay?" He asked as he put a hand on my face, which stung.

"We're going to California. Tonight."
~.~
A/N: so what'd you think of this chapter? I tried to make it more exciting idk. I love you guys a lot, okay?
Question: What are you being for Halloween? Let me know! Most likely I'm being Cat Woman.
Thanks for everything! <3