Chapter 20

Juliet's POV

Lesley left because Matt was coming over.

"I don't want you being the third wheel. So, I'm going to go. But look on the bright side, you have someone to protect you if something tragic happens. If you had me I'd probably start screaming and run away." She laughed as we hugged goodbye and she left.

I shut the door behind me. Matt texted me after.

Matt: Hey Juliet! I'll be there soon. Don't expect a crappy dinner because I'm bringing food over! :)

I went to the living room and put in a random movie. Someone knocked on the door.

I opened it, and Matt stood at the door way with 3 boxes of pizza.

"Okay, so I have cheese, Hawaiian, and pepperoni. Which one do you want to eat first?" He asked.

"I don't know..." I smiled in awe.

"Don't worry about not finishing. Plus, I brought drinks too." He said as he handed me a bag of soda.

"How'd you do this?!" I said as I grabbed all of the pizzas and set them in the kitchen. Matt followed me.

"My cousins own a pizza place. I can get food for free." He said.

"Matt, you didn't have to." I said.

"It's the least I can do, you're letting me stay here. Oh, by the way, when do you want me to leave?" He asked.

"You can stay or leave whenever. But if you tell your parents and things go bad you can live here permanently. I have the space, anyways." I shrugged.

"Juliet, I can't-"

"No Matt, I insist. I don't care if you stay for a day or a week or a month. You can stay as long as you want. As long as there's no parties here." I said.

"I promise, no parties." He smiled.

"Let's go watch that movie and eat that pizza." I said as I grabbed the cheese pizza and we sat in the couch in the living room.

The movie was playing as Matt and I talked the whole time.

"So what are you wearing to Carter's party?" Matt asked.

"I don't even know if I'm going." I said.

"You have to! Please! For me?" He begged.

"Alright! Fine!" I said.

"Cool, so who are you going as? A police officer? Chucky? A zombie bride?" Matt jumped up and down on the couch.

"I don't know!" I said.

"I know! Let's go Halloween costume shopping tomorrow. My treat." He said.

"Matt, everything has been your treat. I'm paying for my costume. What are you going as?" I said.

"I'm going as a zombie." Matt said.

"Original." I rolled my eyes.

He pushed me playfully.

"Seriously, all I do is party on Halloween, but we only trick or treat for candy." He laughed.

"Who wouldn't trick or treat for candy?" I asked.

"True."

It was midnight, but I texted Carter.

Me: I'm coming to your party.

Carter: good! I have a Halloween mask with your name on it ;)

Me: nope. Not happening.