Chapter 25

Juliet's POV

A bright light shined out the window.

I woke up on the couch. Even better, I was upside down.

"Juliet, get your foot out of my face." Nash laughed. I got up.

"Ow, my head hurts." I said as I walked to the fridge and grabbed an ice pack.

Nash and I were the only people awake.

"You've been asleep upside down for 5 hours." Nash said as he grabbed a glass of water.

"You mean we fell asleep at 5?" I said, checking the time on my phone.

"Well, you fell asleep at 5. The rest of us stayed up a little longer." He said.

"My back hurts."

"Does everything hurt?" Nash asked.

Good question. Even though I knew he was joking.

"I don't know. I guess." I shrugged.

"Juliet, Hayes is heart broken." Nash said.

"And you don't think I am? I'm more of a mess than he is. He can take it, he's been through this before, right?" I asked.

"No way. He has never cried about anyone before. Not in front of me, anyway. When I left to come here he was sitting on his bed listening to country music while crying." Nash said, and I couldn't help but laugh.

"I guess I'm handling this better than he can." I said.

"Yeah, but he's going to be fine." Nash said.

I found a note on the counter.

Went to get groceries, don't burn the apartment down!-Mom

"Now what? We starve?" Nash asked.

"No, we just wait." I said.

"I can't wait that long." He laughed.

"Fine! Let's cook, okay?" I said as I looked in the fridge to grab the bacon.

"No, you're not cooking." Nash said.

"I can cook way better than you." I said.

"Do you wanna bet?"

"Cooking contest. Right. Now." I said.

"Ready..."

"Set..."

"Go!"

I grabbed the bacon and put it all in the pan to cook.

I quickly grabbed the pancake batter, made pancakes, and started to make them.

Nash grabbed the eggs, but dropped almost all of them on the ground.

"Nash!" I said.

"I saved two!" He laughed as he held up the last two eggs.

I made 3 pancakes.

"No fair! You're cheating." Nash said as he grabbed the left over batter and poured it in my hair.

"Nash!" I said as I grabbed one of the eggs he's holding and cracked it on his head.

"Not cool, Julie." He laughed as he grabbed some orange juice and poured it in my shirt.

"Don't call me that!" I said as I grabbed the flour and poured it in his pajama pants.

"Juliet!" He freaked as he grabbed some of the flour and poured it on my head.