Chapter 2

Hayes's POV

I don't know why she hates me so much...

She was really beautiful when she was waiting for her locker.

The words that come out of my mouth are always so mean, and sometimes I come out rude, but I really don't mean it- even though I have a reputation to maintain.

Math class was over, and I was going to skip Spanish and smoke with some of my brother's friends.

My brother is Nash, and his best friend Cameron-who was going to buy us the cigarettes.

I walked outside my school and into the alley next to it, where we usually meet.

Everyone was there; Matt, Shawn, Carter, Nash, Cam, and Taylor.

They were all already smoking.

"Hey, it's Hayes!" Matt noticed, his voice already raspy as he took a drag.

I never actually smoked before.

"Here have one." Taylor handed me a cigaret.

"No, I'm good..." I said, feeling sick to my stomach.

"What a pussy." Nash laughed.

They were talking then all eyes were on me.

"So Hayes, we saw you taking to that Juliet chick." Carter said.

"Yeah, we-"

"Dude, she's hot." Matt interrupted.

"Matt.." I glared at him.

"What? It's true." He laughed.

"As I was trying to say, we were only talking, it's not like we were making out or anything." I said.

"Her friend Lesley, she's hot too." Matt laughed at himself.

"Thirsty." I coughed.

"What?!" Matt glared at me.

"Nothing, only kidding." I laughed.

"Matt, if you like her so much, why don't you ask her on a date?" Shawn said.

"Sure, why not." Matt shrugged.

"Shawn, why don't you ask out her other friend, Michelle?" I suggested.

"I don't care, she seems nice." He smiled.

"Great it's settled. Matt and Lesley, Shawn and Michelle, and me and Juliet." I said.

"Hayes, bro. You never said you'd take out Juliet." Cam noticed.

Everyone laughed.

•••

Juliet's POV

It was finally lunch time, everyone had a different lunch time, but it was all mixed together.

Our high school was from 7th to 12th grade, so if you went to lunch at 5th period, you'd be with all the other 7-12 graders who have lunch at the time.

I guess it makes sense.

Some of us had lunch inside in the cafe, others had it outside in the park.

I met up with Lesley and Michelle.

"You guys, math sucks." I announced as I sat on the picnic bench and put down my lunch.

"How come?" Michelle asked.

"Hayes is in my class." I rolled my eyes.

That's when someone tapped my shoulder. A guy with brown shaggy hair and his brown but a little bit of green eyes faced me.