Just What I Needed

Well, the last chapter of this story was uploaded just today (20.09), and this fact made me both happy and sad. Happy - because 77 chapters is SERIOUSLY LONG, and I wanted some peace, quiet and happiness for Keely and Seth finally, sad - because....well, isn't it obvious?.. who wouldn't be sorry when a good story ends?

What kind of story is it then and what makes it good? If you've read and enjoyed such books as "Playing Evelyn" and "Rock Prodigy", then this is another great book for you. Lots of great music here, people, loads of great music! Actually, the main love story in this book tells us about passionate, undying, overwhelming love for music, that's the kind of love that helps the main characters through tough times in their lives, that's the kind of love that shows them that they can love each other just as much as they love music... Am I being cheesy? :) Can't help it, sorry, could not word it any other way :)

Again, 77 chapters is a huge work done, and it was done to perfection - no tiny bit of information is given without a reason, everything plays its part after all, just like they say, "if there's a gun, it has to shoot some time". Though I have to admit that if we try and take away all the songs lyrics, that might reduce the total text by 25%, and this is the right time for me to suggest to all the people who share the quite common opinion that lyrics should be omitted to stay away! Seriously, that's just the way Keely and Seth interact, they speak songs to each other, music and lyrics are just a mediator for their feelings and emotions, so you either deal with it and enjoy this fact, or you ....just don't read it!

Apart from heaps of good old rock, punk, jazz and stuff, when reading the book, you'll get a great deal of drama of different kind: parental abuse, lies of all sorts, unrequited love, loss of voice, school drama, and so on, and so forth... and as a bonus we also get to read absolutely hilarious authors notes which sadly dwindle next to disappearance in the second part of the book.

Speaking about bonuses, did I mention we get to meet Rose and Mac from "Rock Prodigy"? Chooseitwisely and Jules130 were awesome like that - they wrote some cross-chapters, and it's just great!

There are some things that make up to the fact that this fabulous story is over - there's a side story called "About a Girl" which is kind of Seth's POV, so do pick a number and stay in line, the inside of this boy's head is dark but fascinating all the same. And there's a sequel promised!! Yay!

************************************************************

The video and the song to the side deserve some extra words today. Do you have the slightest idea how difficult it was to decide what to put there???? Sure, I could make it easy and use any great song that is mentioned in "Just What I Needed" but it just didn't feel right. And then I remembered this one, and I personally think that it's perfect - just listen to it and think about what can be done with only two voices and a guitar!!! As for the video, I love the atmosphere there, this is very close to how I imagine Keely and Seth playing in the warehouse just for themselves.... and yeah, I'm aware that there're two male singers in Extreme!!

************************************************************

Go and read now! Shoo! Just don't forget to come back and share your opinion on the story...I'm sure you'll love it as much as I do! :)