Love is Blind

This story is good! Like good good! The story is good inside and out. This story has a MESSAGE!

If a person is injured, how does it affect their soul? Is it possible to look past the seemingly obvious "deficiency" and treat such a person as your equal? And if that "lucky one" happens to be you, what do you want to get from the others once they learn that there's something wrong with you? Definitely not pity! Leo Tolstoy said that pity humiliates people, and this book illustrates that love, compassion and understanding can heal almost every damage. Old news? Probably...

However, this is not just a physical pain story, it's actually a love story, and you follow the plot holding your breath for the first touch, for the first kiss, for the first fight, for the first night :) Hailey and Blake progress from insults and heavy and acidic sarcasm to being so tender and careful and undestanding that you can't help but feel for them and their story.

There is another thing that I personally like about this book - it's how the author does not divide her characters into "bad guys" and "good guys", there are always two sides of the story and we have to listen to all the participants of the events before we jump to conclusions and start handing out labels.

As I mentioned before, a good book to me is the one which makes us learn something or just makes us think. This book makes us re-shape our attitude towards other people, and it does it subtly while we're enjoying a charming love story :)

So I tell you, this is a really good book! :)

 The video to the side is a wonderful duo of Andrea Bocelli and Marta Sanchez - "Vivo per lei" (I live for you)... Andrea Bocelli is blind...