Playing Evelyn

"PLAYING EVELYN"

People who by any chance still haven't read this story, you must know it - I envy you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I hadn't read it so I could have a chance to read it again for the first time... re-reading is all I've got now and the book is something definitely worth re-reading but still...

I won't be holding my breath like for the first time while reading into the love story, waiting for the main characters to kiss for the first time, to acknowledge their feelings to each other, to develop relationship... I will still be sad when something doesn't work out properly for them but I know how the story ends and it sucks :) Of course I still hate Evelyn's mother with passion, I'm still amused with her step-sisters, and I love Evelyn and Gabriel, but it's not just people in this story that make it so special and absolutely amazing...

MUSIC does...

Now, I'm strongly convinced that a good book is a book that makes you think or learn something. "Playing Evelyn" made me remember Janis Joplin and her wonderful voice, it also helped me discover a band I've never heard about before - "Goo-Goo Dolls", and their music is great!!! You will find a lot of references to good old rock classics which is always worth listening to, but you will also find some original lyrics and that's absolutely awesome!!!

So, in my humble opinion the story not only entertains its readers but also educates our taste in music, and I love it :)

Those who by any chance still haven't read this fantastic book, don't hesitate and enjoy the story as much as I did.... and GOD, I ENVY YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)