Wildfire

hello there :) found some time off work, so here I am :)

Today's book is something I've read recently, it was time when I received some really bad news, not just regular bad news but life-altering, scary and real-bad kind of news, so I was looking for some kind of story to distract me from the real world for a while. So I found it, but it turned out to be much more than I had bargained for.

Wildfire is the type of book you cannot put down even if your body is screaming at you to get some sleep. You just shush it and keep reading only to be sporting red eyes with purple circles around them come next morning. Sounds attractive, doesn't it? However, this book is worth it.

I have to warn you though, this book might become a bit of disappointment to those who expect it to be a regular werewolf story (well, actually, I’m not a big fan of were-stories which are so popular on Wattpad and the majority of which seems almost identical). Basically, if you are looking for a book in which a girl meets a boy, who turns out to be an Alpha (of course!) of a Moon-something pack, they realize they are mates, the boy unloads a freaking load of information concerning a totally different world around them, then turns into a wolf, and the girl doesn’t even bat an eyelash and accepts everything because she luuuurrrves him! – you’re in for a big letdown. A huge thank you, @AuRevoirSimone, for that!

Nobody snarls “MINE” the moment they meet, actually, mates don’t exist as such, werewolves are free to date anybody they please. They do appear as snobbish little bastards, though, as they treat humans about the same way we treat rodents, so they don’t normally date humans and even if they do, it’s commonly frowned upon. They are all about pure blood lines, you see.

So what will it be if a werewolf falls for an emotionally damaged girl? What if the girl is being dragged into a supernatural world full of witches, warlocks, fallen angels, and vampires? What if she realizes her whole life has been a manipulated lie? What if all of these questions seem to fit perfectly into a cliché werewolf story pattern?

You will just have to trust me and try this book, you will never be sorry if you do. The atmosphere of the story is quite dark, there are no sexually overloaded scenes, and actually, romance is secondary in this wonderful story. Most importantly, there is no standard happy ending with a ridiculous number of offsprings running around a happily-ever-after couple…

Still, this is a great book, so I know what you’re going to be reading next J