Chapter 20: My Birthday

Scarlets POV:

I wake up and see its 10am. I check my phone and see I have 5 unread messages. I read them. They're mostly all Happy Birthday messages. My phone vibrates. It's a group chat.

*Group Chat*

Shawn- Happy Birthday

Cam- Happy Birthday

Me- Thanks

Carter- Have a good day

Nash- Happy Birthday to you

Matt- Happy Birthday

Taylor- Happy 17th Birthday

Me- I'm bored

Cam- Come round

Aaron- Happy Birthday

Jacks- Happy Birthday

Me- See you guys soon

*End Of Group Chat*

I get up. I do my usual shower routine. I get dressed into; a daisy patterned dress, a black cardi, with my black converse. I put my hair into a messy bun. I wander downstairs into the kitchen. Liam is standing there making pancakes. 'Morning,' I say. He turns around, 'morning birthday girl.' I sit at the bench and Liam puts a plate of chocolate chip pancakes in front of me. I dig in. Between us Liam and I manage to eat 10 pancakes each. They are delicious.

'I'm going out,' I say, 'to hang with the boys.' 'Okay,' Liam says. 'I'll be back late,' I say.

I head out to my car and drive round to the boys place. I knock on the door and let myself in. 'Your queen has entered,' I yell out. 'We're in the lounge,' Shawn yells out. I walk in. 'Happy Birthday,' everyone yells. I jump in fright and then start crying with joy. The boys all hug me. I sit on the couch. 'We'll be right back,' cam says and they all walk out. 5 minutes later they all walk in with presents. I open Shawns one first. It's a cute pair of boots. 'Thank you,' I say and give him a hug. I open all the rest and get mostly clothes and money. I hug all the boys then I open Carters one. It's a pink crop top with "LOVE" printed on it. 'Its lovely,' I say and give him a hug.

'Who wants to play truth or dare,' Nash asks? 'Me,' I say excitedly. We play. Nash goes first. 'Truth or dare Matt,' he asks? 'Dare,' he says. 'I dare you to ring the girl you like and ask her out,' Nash dares. Matt hops up and walks out the room. 5 minutes later my phone starts ringing. 'Hello,' I answer. 'Hey Scarlet. Do you want to go out with me,' Matt asks? 'Yes,' I say. He walks back in smiling like an idiot. 'Did she say yes,' Nash asks? 'Yes,' Matt say. 'Can we have a name please,' cam asks? 'Scarlet,' Matt answers. All eyes look at me. I smile. Shawn stands up and storms upstairs.

Matts POV:

I'll be back,' Scarlet says running after Shawn. We hear yelling. 'Whats your problem,' Scarlet yells? 'What the hell do you think,' Shawn yells back? 'I don't know,' she yells again, 'why don't you tell me?' Then all goes quiet. I run upstairs and see Shawn kissing Scarlet. All I can do is stare. Scarlet looks at me. 'Matt, this isn't what it looks like,' she starts. 'Then what is it,' I yell. I storm off downstairs into the lounge.

Scarlets POV:

'What the hell,' I yell at Shawn. He shrugs. 'Don't shrug your shoulders at me,' I yell. 'I had to do that at least once,' Shawn yells. 'Why now. Matt literally just asked me out less than 5 minutes ago,' I yell. 'Well I didn't see you stop me,' Shawn say accusingly. He's right. I didn't stop him from kissing me. I kissed him back too which makes it worst. I glare at him then run downstairs. I see Matt sitting in the lounge. I walk in. He looks at me with a hurt expression on his face. 'Matt...' I start. 'Just leave me alone,' he says. 'Fine,' I say. I head out the door leaving the presents on the couch. I get to the door and Cam grabs my arm. 'Let go of me,' I yell tears running down my face. 'No,' he yells. I struggle to get from his grip. He holds me tighter. I swing out with my other arm hitting him in the rib. He still doesn't let go. I look over his shoulder and see both Matt and Shawn looking at me as I struggle with Cam. I eventually give up and drop to the floor in tears. Cam scoops me up in his arms and carries me into the lounge. He sits down and I stay on his lap. I sob quietly. This has to be the worst birthday ever. Shawn comes over and says, 'sorry.' 'Get away from me,' I say still crying. He does, but looks really sad. I don't care he ruined my birthday. I whisper, 'can I leave now,' into Cams ear. 'Fine,' he says back. I give him one last hug and get off his lap. I walk to the door and go outside. I get into my car and sit there for a while calming down. I drive home and let myself in. I go up to my room and collapse in a puddle of tears on my bed. Liam walks in. 'Whats wrong,' he asks? 'I don't want to talk about it,' I say. 'Okay,' he says rubbing my back. We stay like that for 30 minutes. I slowly drift off to sleep.

I'm woken up 2 hours later by Liam shaking my shoulder. 'There are people downstairs who want to see you,' he says. I get out of bed and walk downstairs. Matt, Cam and Shawn are sitting on the couches. I turn round and go back up to my room. Liam follows me up. 'Tell them to leave,' I say. 'No,' Liam says. 'I'm not going to talk to them,' I say walking into my walk-in wardrobe. I change into a pair of shorts and a blue t-shirt. I come back out and see that the boys are in my room. I ignore them and walk past and out of my room. 'Scarlet,' I hear Shawn say. I ignore him and continue on my way downstairs. I walk into the kitchen and get out the biscuit tin. I grab to chocolate mint biscuits and go back up to my room. The boys are still sitting on my bed where I left them. I go over and sit at my desk and start up laptop. I pull out headphones and plug them into my laptop. I go on YouTube and go on my channel. I click on my profile picture and change it to one I took earlier today. Before all hell broke loose. After I change it I plug in my microphone and start doing a cover to the song "Sweet Nothing". I am fully aware that the boys are still on my bed that's why I choose to do this cover now.

I finish up and pack up my stuff. 'Scar...' Shawn starts to say again. I interrupt him. 'No. I don't want to hear it. Get out of my room and stay away from me,' I say grumpily. Shawn and Matt get up and leave but Cam stays exactly where he is. 'Scarlet,' he says, 'you can't act like this forever.' 'Yes I can,' I say. Then Cam walks out. I could stay like this forever. I could forget them but I have to do a stupid concert with Shawn and there's another Magcon event...