Chapter 15: Concert Day

Scarlets POV:

I wake to the sound of my phone going off. I grab it from the bedside table. 'Hello,' I say. 'Hi. It's David, can you be at the arena at 10:45am please?' 'Sure,' I answer then hang up. I look at the clock. It's 10am. I have 30 minutes. I roll out of bed and accidentally step on Cams hand. 'Sorry,' I whisper. 'It's okay,' he whispers back. I walk into the bathroom and have a shower. After my shower I get dressed into; a black crop top, grey fat-pants, a grey hoodie with my grey slip ons. I walk out of the bathroom and see everyone sitting on my bed. 'Where are you off to,' Shawn asks? 'I have rehearsals for my concert,' I say. 'We're coming,' Cam says excitedly. 20 minutes later we are all in Cams car driving to the arena. We arrive and I see David talking to some dude. 'I'm here,' I announce. 'Hey pop-star,' David says, 'this is Luke. He's your stage manager.' 'Hey,' Luke says.

*5 Hours Of Practising Later*

'I'm exhausted,' I declare. 'Your done practising,' David says. 'Thank the Lord,' I yell! Ariel laughs. Shawn and Cam left like 3 hours ago to check on Carter. I run back stage with Ariel and call Matt.

*Calling* (M- Matt & S- Scarlet)

M- Hello Matt speaking

S- Heeey

M- Scarlet? Is that you?

S- Yeah. Can you do me a favour?

M- Sure anything!

S- You can't tell anyone

M- Okay

S- You have to bring the guys to my concert!

M- Okay? Why?

S- Cause I have a surprise!

M- Sure.

S- This is my way of apologising!

M- Okay. What times your show?

S- 7pm. I have special seats for you all!

M- Okay

S- Bye! See you there

M- Bye!

*End Of Call*

*Skips to 6:45pm*

'Where are they,' I ask Ariel? 'They'll be here,' she assures me. 'Scarlet,' David says, 'why are you still not ready?' I tell Ariel to show the boys to their seats and run backstage. I change into a purple and gold sequinned dress. I put on some heels, do my hair and walk to the curtains. I peek at the audience and see that the guys are here. Thank God. I had been silently freaking out that they wouldn't come.

*Start of Concert*

I run out on stage. My heart is pumping. 'Hello California,' I yell into my microphone. The crowd cheers. I then explain that I'll sing some if my own songs, do some covers and then end it off with a big surprise.

*End Of Concert*

'Even though I am enjoying this so much,' I say into my mic, 'I'll have to bring this concert to a close.' The crowd cheers again. 'Its now time for my big surprise,' I say looking at Matt, can i please ask my friend Shawn Mendes to come on stage.' He walks on and the crowd goes crazy. 'Why am I up here,' he asks? 'Because this is my surprise,' I say looking at the crowd, 'yesterday I had a pretty eventful day, so this is how I'm going to make up for it.' I nod to the music dude and he puts on the backing for "One Of Those Nights" I cover my mic and whisper my idea to Shawn. The music starts and Shawn starts to sing. It gets to the chorus and I start singing along.

*Afterwards (backstage)*

Shawns POV:

'Wow you were really good,' I say to Scarlet. 'I was literally freaking out the whole time,' she says smiling. 'It gets easier,' I say. The guys walk into Scarlets dressing room. 'Hey,' she says. 'Your forgiven,' all the guys say, me included. Scarlet looks at Carter and I see her smile falter. Carter notices too because he steps forward and gives her a hug. 'Your forgiven,' he says. She steps away smiling. 'And it's me who should be apologising,' he says.

Suddenly Scarlets phone goes off. 'Hello,' she answers. Then her face goes deathly pale. 'Okay bye,' she says hanging up. She looks at me, 'it's Liam, he's in hospital.' She grabs her jacket and sprints out the door. Ariel and I run after her.