212-694-9267 ♡

Hi! So in this AU Tony is a barista at the local coffee shop Steve always goes to!

Also the avengers don't exist and they don't have super powers, but Steve still went in the ice.

Steve's POV

I stuck my hands in my pockets. The air was chilly, and after a sleepless night and a three hour workout, I needed something to wake me up.

My favourite place to go was the coffee shop down the street. It was decorated to look like the 1940's, which I found comforting. It felt like home.

The small bell on the edge of the door rang as I entered. The shop was small, but large enough, with a few tables and booths and a large counter with stools.

Working at the till was a man, with brown hair and gorgeous golden hazel eyes. He was on the smaller side, but his cheeks had a slight dimple when he smiled at the customers

Oh my god he's beautiful.

I walked over, staring at the menu boards. I've been here at least a hundreds times, but I needed something to distract myself from the beautiful boy in front of me.

The line shortened down to just me, and I walked up to the counter, staring him in the eyes.

God, his eyes are so pretty.

"Hi! Welcome to New York Coffee Shop, what can I get you?" He said, smiling and showing his perfect teeth.

Oh my god he's perfect.

"Um, could I get two shots of espresso please?" I stumbled on my words, feeling the blush rise to my cheeks.

"Oh, good choice! Coming right up!" He chirped, grabbing a cup as I scanned my card

I waited at the station for my drink, disappointed I didn't talk to him more or try to get his contact.

Oh well.

"Hey!" A familiar voice called to me. I looked up to see the man standing there, my drink in his hands.

"Hi, thank you very much!" I said, feeling the heat rise to my cheeks.

"Anytime. I'm Tony by the way." He chuckled.

"Steve. Steve Rogers." I said, taking the drink.

Our fingers touched for a spilt second and I felt the air leave my lungs. I stood my ground. Not letting my emotions get the best of me.

"Well, in that case, I am Tony Stark." He said, and I could see a slight flush on his face.

I nodded, turning away with a smile, and a simple goodbye.

I walked towards my apartment building, sipping my coffee.

I should've asked him out.

I sighed in disappointment. I felt the sleeve on my cup fall lower, and I slid it back up, catching a glimpse of writing. I pulled down the sleeve farther to reveal a scribbled message, written with black ink.

Hey cutie, call me later?
212-694-9267

I drew in a breath.

Did Tony just give me his number?

I pulled out my phone, quickly punching in the numbers. I held it up to my ear as it rang.

"Hello?" He asked.

"Hey, Tony, it's Steve, you wrote your number on my cup?"

"Ohhh right! Hey Steve! You wanna meet up later tonight? I'm done my shift in about an hour."

"Sounds awesome! Where?"

"Meet me at the restaurant across the street from the coffee shop. I see you go in there often so you must like it."

"I do really like it, 5 o'clock?"

"Sure thing, see you then, cutie!"

With that, Tony hung up the phone, and I clutched it to my chest.

I had a date with Tony Stark.

Tony's POV

I tore off my apron, almost running out the door when my shift ended.

I had a date with Steve Rogers

My house was just down the street, so I rushed over and got changed into a dress shirt and jeans, throwing my work clothes onto the bed and grabbing my wallet on my way out.

When I got to the restaurant, Steve was in a booth, sipping water from a straw.

"Hey!" I said, sliding into the seat opposite of him.

"Hi!" His blue eyes lit up when he looked at me.

Holy fuck he's pretty.

We talked for a little while, and the waiter came and brought us our food.

When we both finished, we walked a little bit, stopping in front of Steve's house.

"This is my house." He said, nervously shuffling his feet.

"Oh, I guess this is goodbye then." I said, disappointed it was over.

"Did you like it? I feel like I'm boring." Steve said, looking down in shame.

"No no, Steve you were perfect." I said, intertwining our fingers.

He looked me straight in the eyes. His blue pools locking with my hazel orbs.

I couldn't fight the urge anymore. I leaned in, pressing my lips to his.

He was startled at first, then he kissed back, wrapping an arm around my waist to pull me closer.

I threw my arms around his neck, melting into his touch.

When he pulled away, he leaned his forehead on mine.

"See you tomorrow?" He mumbled, and I felt his breath on my nose.

"Mhm, same place, same time." I said, pressing my lips softly to his.

We pulled away for the final time, and he walked into his building, throwing one last smile my way before the door closed behind him.