Ludwig: 06

I opened the door, surprised to see someone inside the room. My chest tightened as blue eyes met mine.

Ludwig: Ah, _. Are you feeling better?

Reader: Yes, I am.

I hadn't expected to see him so soon since the other night; the thought of his hand placed comfortingly on my arm made my heart race.

Ludwig: Glad to hear it.

I glanced up, his focus now on a book held in his hand. Why is it so hard to know what he's thinking?

Gathering up my courage I stepped further into the office, pretending to casually browse for a book to read. I side glanced in his direction, a cup of tea brought to his lips before returned gently to the porcelain saucer.

Hm, I didn't know he enjoyed tea. I suppose I saw him more of a coffee drinker.

He looked up, eyes meeting mine briefly before I hurriedly glanced away, grabbing a random book from the shelf.

I sat down, feeling the page with my fingers, languidly flipping the pages. I stopped at a faint sound, the sound of rain against the windowpane. After a few moments it grew louder, raining steadily, fat drops streaking across the glass.

Somehow it felt comforting. Whether 'it' being the rain or Ludwig's company, I soon was able to relax fully, the two of us silently enjoying each other in peace. I shouldn't have worried, things no longer seem awkward between us (if he had ever felt that way he never showed it), thank the stars.

With the steady pattering of rain against the window and the aroma of tea, I felt truly at peace. Ludwig's expression was as stoic as ever as he read his novel, yet there also appeared to be something rather tranquil about it as well.

I smiled slightly, hiding it behind the book so he couldn't see.

Thank you, Ludwig.