Alfred: 01

- Monologue: Alfred -

Dread floods through my body, turning my skin sheet white.

Those wide eyes lock with mine for only a second, before a man comes between us.

Blow after blow, curse after curse.

I take it all, until I drop to the ground.

Our eyes meet again,

and I smile.

I know.

I know my decision was stupid.

I just wanted to free that soul.

***

My eyes opened in a flash, blurred ceiling coming into focus.

"Ugh... Another stupid nightmare. You told yourself you would forget it all, idiot!"

No matter how much I try to forget, or how many years go by, the nightmare visits me reminding me of the past. One that none of us can go back to. I let out a sigh, swinging my feet over the side of the bed, touching soft carpet. I grabbed my glasses off of the dark bedside table, sluggishly standing up.

"I can't help but wonder how that dunce is doing..."

-Pov: Reader-

My neck hurts. The kind of wound that stings and throbs, much like a headache. I can't believe this has happened to me. Why did I ever agree to go to that stupid party?! To think I actually believed people wouldn't whisper behind my back, that I had the chance to make new friends...

I tossed the pillow, it landing at the foot of the enormous bed. The paisley walls, dark wooden furniture and wide windows only makes me feel more ill at ease. These men...Dragging me here without consent. Even though Yao, the oldest of the eight, told me I would be safe if I listened, I'm not so sure about that anymore. If I try to run away I'm positive they wouldn't hesitate to kill me.

There is no possible way to predict anything. Especially with Alfred. My chest tightened at the memory of those cold, unfeeling blue eyes. Those lips curled up into a frown. What happened to him? We used to play together every day as children but then...I gripped the blanket tightly, knuckles turning white as I tried to force the memory away.

*knock-knock!*

My heart nearly jumped out of my chest, "C-come in."

The door opened, Alfred stepping inside, placing his hands on his hips.

"So you really were up, idiot."

"Of all people... why are you here?!"

He's the last face I want to see today, especially this early in the morning. Ignoring me, he took a seat on my bed. He didn't look at me at first, just his hands.

"You look tired. Aren't you going to shoo me out?"

It's as if he can read my mind! Well, we were childhood friends.

"Good. You should distance yourself from me. You've seen enough already, so there's no way you'd be able to cling on me any longer. Without any consequences, of course."

He's referring to last night. I can see the dangerous glint in Alfred's eyes... It's unfamiliar, yet I feel like I've seen that gaze before at the same time.

"I can't let go of our friendship, Alfred."

"You haven't learned, _____. How many times do I have to say this"--

"I will not give up on our friendship!"

He was silent for a few moments before frowning, "You're really asking for it, huh? Fine. I'll hurt you again and again... until you finally understand..."

"Aah!"

He shoved me down on the bed, his gaze as cold as ice. The heart which once warmed others around him is now frozen before me. I try to escape, clawing at his face but it's no use. His grip is tighter than ever... it hurts!

"... Stay away from me."

He finally lets go, and I shudder under his unwavering stare. My wrists burn with pain, red from the force of his hands. As I watch Alfred leave, I realize that I had been waiting for him to suck my blood. Yet, all the man did was threaten me. Could he... really be caring for me?

- End: Dark 01 -