One-Shot: Cold-blooded Life

Ivan x Reader One-Shot

---------------------------------

Ivan: Sunflower~ Hm, what's wrong?

I laid on the bed, buried under the covers. I peeked past the corner of the blanket, him wearing a concerned expression. One that I couldn't seem to get used to.

Reader: Ah, nothing.

I thought it would be best not to worry him. Besides, it wasn't anything major.

Ivan: You look as snug as a bug! I'm jealous.

Reader: J-jealous?

I'm only still in bed because it's so cold! How come he doesn't seem to notice?

Ivan: Vampires don't produce body heat like living humans do, so we're often unaware of the heat. Ah, I hear the heat from a fire is lovely. Is it, _?

Reader: Yes, it can be. It makes the entire room nice and toasty.

Ivan: It sounds wonderful.

Ivan: Ah, is that why you're wrapped up in bed?

It was a little embarrassing for him to say it out loud.

Ivan: Hm, maybe I can help!

Reader: Help?

He removed his shoes, grabbing the edge of the comforter. With a swift motion he climbed into bed under the covers beside me.

Reader: W-what are you doing?

Ivan: Warming you up!

The weight from his body pulled me closer to him, having to put my hands out against his chest to keep myself from falling more.

Reader: But you said you don't produce body heat!

Ivan: I couldn't think of anything else to do. You'll let me try though, right?

His violet eyes were on mine, nearly begging. How could I say no?

Reader: ...fine, you can stay.

A smile lit up his face, edging closer to me.

Reader: What are you doing?!

I gasped as his arms wrapped around me, hugging me from behind.

Ivan: I'll be your fire.

Heat rose up my neck, tinging my ears. 

How can he say something so embarrassing?

I was being spooned by Ivan. Ivan, the man who vowed to protect me and treat me gentler than a doll.

Why was he doing this? I thought there had been a wall between us, insurmountable at that. Yet with his childlike carefree attitude it came crumbling down in an instant.

Reader: Ivan?

Ivan: Hm?

He brushed my hair to the side, planting his lips against my neck.

Reader: Cold!

Ivan: Ah, I'm sorry. Seems like I'm not doing a good job.

In contrast to his words, I was hyper-aware of him, his long slender arms wrapped around my torso, legs covering my own.

I should feel like a bug caught in a spider's web and yet...

It feels nice.

Heat emanated from my core, cheeks and back of my neck flushed from his close proximity.

I had never imagined being held by him before; it was strange yet calming at the same time.

Ivan: Aren't you going to relax?

Reader: Ah...

I was so focused on his closeness that I had been tense the entire time. With a slow exhale I relaxed, feeling my shoulders droop. I settled against his chest, broad and sturdy.

He had indeed become my fire, entire body feeling warm.

I had never felt so safe, so protected, in my entire life. No longer cold, I felt myself drift off, eyelids slowly closing as I slipped into a sweet slumber.