Alfred:04

-Scene: Dining Room-

Lunch time meant sitting in silence while the others talked amongst themselves. They almost seem like a family with the way they all interact and tease one another.

Ludwig: What are you staring at?

I hadn't realized I was, quickly looking down at my plate.

Kiku: I wasn't aware we were so entertaining, Chosen One.

I heard a scoff to my right.

Francis: She seems like an ordinary girl to me.

Feliciano: Aw, Francis that wasn't very kind of you. She can't help she's pathetic.

He smirked, eyes sharp as knives. The others broke out into snickers, not bothering to hide their amusement. I gripped the edge of the tablecloth tightly in my hands.

This is the worst. It's like I'm back at boarding school all over again. Smiling faces on the outside, only to spew rotten words...

Their laughter was broken by Alfred entering the room. My body went rigid, hands bunching into fists.

Francis: Ah, here's her prince now.

Kiku: Doesn't act much like a prince, does he? Most at least like their princesses.

Alfred: Really, this is what you guys are up to? I thought you wouldn't be low enough to pick on a mortal.

Feliciano: We're vampires-we do whatever we want with them.

Alfred: Well not this one.

He turned towards me, hand roughly grabbing mine.

Alfred: Let's go.

I stumbled after him, him letting go of my hand as we entered the hallway. He kept walking, back facing me as we reached the foyer.

Alfred: Well?

Reader: We-we're going outside?

He sighed deeply, annoyed.

Alfred: Anyone home?

He reached over, knocking on my forehead.

Reader: Ouch!

Alfred: Come on dunce, follow me.

I slipped on my shoes, him opening the door wide. Wow...I haven't felt the sunlight on my skin in ages. My lips curled up into a content smile, wanting to bask in the warmth forever.

A snort broke me out of my sanctuary.

Alfred: What are you doing?

Reader: N-nothing! Let's just go then!

I pushed past him despite not knowing where we were headed, hoping to hide the embarrassing blush on my cheeks.

However soon enough I had forgotten completely about it, engrossed in the European town I found myself in. People began filling the sidewalks, cute shops waiting patiently for customers, signs moving freely in the breeze. Across the street were several booths set up, full of different kinds of food.

Reader: A farmer's market?

He didn't answer, walking across the street, handing me a paper bag. He grabbed some leafy greens, still dripping wet, stuffing them inside. We walked from booth to booth, him picking out a vegetables and fruits along with some freshly made breads and cheeses.

Woman #1: Hey did you hear?

Woman #2: No, what's happened?

A couple of women near us began chatting, too close to ignore them and their conversation.

Woman #1: There's been sightings of a deranged vampire!

My blood ran cold. They couldn't possibly mean...?

Woman #2: Oh my! That's awful!

Woman #1: They say young women have been snatched up at night right near here! And that murder on the news...

Woman #2: No!

The first woman nodded sadly.

I turned towards Alfred who was scowling. His eyes flicked over to me.

Alfred: Don't take what they said seriously; it's just two bored housewives conjuring up some gossip to momentarily forget about their dull lives.

Without another word he walked away, heading back towards the house, as I hurriedly tried to catch up with him.