Arthur: 04

-Scene: Office Library-

The office library was tucked away in a recluse corner of the mansion, away from traffic. It seems quite like Arthur; I could easily see him spending his time here, reading novels while drinking tea.

Speaking of tea, I carefully set the tray down onto the low table, setting the pitcher and teacups on to the dark wood along with a plate of scones. My cooking isn't the best; I hope he likes them. Wait, why do I care? It's just Arthur...He's a vampire, after all. A clumsy vampire with no cooking skills.

I spun as the door opened, eyes slightly widening.

Francis: Why the face? Expecting someone else?

He smirked, crossing the room to lounge on the couch. What is he doing here? Nothing good can come from him...

Francis: You're staring at me awfully intense. I don't mind, of course, but will only looking satisfy you?

I jumped at the sound of a snort to my right, two others coming through the doorway.

                 Feliciano: Ignore him, _.

Francis: I beg your pardon? Women trample each other just to get a glimpse of me. Ah-I suppose I should start charging you then.~

Alfred stood against the wall, not saying anything, just watching. What are they doing here? Where's Arthur? Did...did he set me up? No...he wouldn't do that. Right?

Feliciano: Afraid Arthur won't come to your rescue?

Reader: H-huh?

Francis: Bingo~

Reader: Y-you're wrong. I don't...I don't need saving.

I turned at a scoff, Alfred wearing a dark look.

Alfred: You've always needed saving, _. From scraping your knee or getting stuck while climbing a tree...you've always been the idiot in distress.

Feliciano: Aw, how cute.

They all were smiling wide, eyes glued to me. I gripped the fabric of my skirt, trying to steel my nerves. I thought I had escaped this...had escaped the taunting, the laughing, the fake smiles. How come I'm never free?

Reader: I-I don't have to take this from you.

I began heading towards the door, a hand suddenly grabbing my wrist, twirling around.

Reader: Hey-

Francis: You can leave when we say you can.

Reader: Let go of me.

He smirked, leaning closer.

Francis: Go ahead, call out for him. I'm sure he'll come running to rescue you.

I bit my lip, his hold not giving, skin unnaturally cool against mine.

I can feel their intense gaze, it different from before, more...deadly.

Call out [Submissive]

Stay Silent [Resistant]

Feliciano: Oh? Acting tough now, are we?

Francis: Heh, guess my rose is tougher than she looks.

I looked him in his eyes, fighting against my fear.

Reader: I'm NOT your rose.

His eyes widened slightly, unable to retort by Alfred breaking out into a laugh.