Feliciano: 06

Feliciano: Good morning bella~

I blinked, Feliciano sitting on the edge of the bed with a smile on his face.

Reader: What time is it?

I asked groggily.

Reader: More important, what are you doing here?

Feliciano: Aw, that's no way to treat your dearest soulmate.

Tch. "Soulmates".

Reader: You still didn't answer me.

Feliciano: Why so cold?

Reader: You're a vampire, you should be used to it.

He showed surprise for a flicker before breaking out into a wide grin.

Feliciano: You aren't much of a morning person, _. That's okay. We can always stay in and cuddle if you'd rather do that instead.

I frowned. That smile is unnerving...Yet it seems genuine. Is he trying to make up for the other night? I thought back to how I found him standing over me in the dark, red eyes glowing. A shiver raced down my spine.

Feliciano: _?

Reader: Hm? Ah, no thanks. Why don't we go eat breakfast?

Feliciano: Sure. Everyone else ate already; it'll be like we're on a date~

It's definitely too early to deal with him. However I remained silent, not wanting to give him a reason to be upset.

We went downstairs, the dining room empty as he said it'd be. While being alone with Feliciano was uncomfortable, I was a tad relieved I wouldn't have to deal with the others.

Reader: I can make something for you if you'd like.

Feliciano: Human food is okay, but there's something far better.

That won't be happening.

Reader: Stay right here.

I entered the kitchen, opening up some cupboards until I found it. I went back to Feliciano, his eyes widening as I handed him the fruit.

Feliciano: A pomegranate...

Reader: Yes. It's the closest thing to...well, you know.

His skin brushed against mine as he took it from me, admiring it.

Feliciano: I have always enjoyed them, ever since I was a little boy. The sound it makes as you open it is similar to cracking bones. Here, listen.

He jammed his bony fingers into the fruit, the hard case opening with a loud CRACK!

Feliciano: Delightful, isn't it?

My body felt cold, instinct telling me to get away. His eyes gleamed with a twisted form of happiness.

Feliciano: The seeds are quite delectable, though the juices will stain your skin if you're not careful...

He trailed off, admiring the bright liquid. Before now I had never thought of Feliciano as a child. The image of the fruit in his small hands stirred up an indescribable feeling.

Feliciano: _? You're staring.

I quickly averted my eyes, heading back into the kitchen before he could see the proof of my embarrassment on my cheeks.

I sensed him behind me before I heard him. I continued filling a bowl with cereal, waiting for him to speak.

Reader: What are you doing?!

His arms wrapped around my sides from behind.

Feliciano: It's a hug.

Reader: R-right, but why?

Feliciano: Feels nice.

Feliciano: We're soulmates after all, we'll be doing a lot more than sharing a hug.

I frowned, upset at how easily he could fluster me up. I automatically tensed as he rested his chin on my shoulder, eyes closed contently.

Reader: My cereal is getting soggy...

Feliciano: Hm? Oh, fine.

He slowly released me, fingers stained red.

Feliciano: We'll just have to continue another time~

He winked before turning and leaving the kitchen. The places where he touched still burned with heat despite his skin being freezing cold.