Ivan: 01

- M o n o l o g u e: I v a n-

Alone.

Only the harsh winter wind greeted me, cruelly whipping against my face.

I hate it. I hate the cold. I hate being alone.

I hate being lonely.

A sudden brightness invaded my vision, bursting through the fog.

Someone stood in the middle of it all, hand outstretched.

It was warm.

-Pov:Reader-

"Uwaaah~ you look so cute when you sleep, _____."

"C-can you please stop poking my cheek, er, please?"

I was sleeping soundly, exhausted from the night before. Ivan must have carried me here. Anyways, I wake up, albeit a little tired, only to find Ivan towering above my bed. Even though he's sitting on a chair beside it, it looks like he's standing up. He's just that tall, I suppose.

And then he begins to poke my cheek. It's soft, he says. I really do not know what to do.

"Aww, okay, if that's what makes you happy..."

Almost reluctantly, he lowers his hand. What's with this guy? Well, he seems to be kinder today, though.

"Well, did you sleep nicely last night? I thought that maybe I was a little too harsh on you yesterday, and I was really worried..."

We barely know one another and yet, he's still concerned? But his voice is so sincere. I can practically see the guilt written over his face.

"W-well, I'm fine, so..."

"Ah! That's good, then!~ I'm glad you're alright, ____! Hehe.~"

He begins to pat my head, a smile on his face. He does actually seem relieved, though I am aching a bit...

"Well, then we should go downstairs to make breakfast together! Wouldn't that be fun?"

"Y-yeah, let me just get up-- A-augh!"

As I try to get off the enormous bed, my legs give in underneath me. I fall back onto the bed again, spreading my arms out for support.

"Are you okay? I thought you said you were feeling better!"

"I thought so too, but I guess not..."

Ivan seems to be saddened again. That smile that was on his face is replaced by a small frown and furrowed eyebrows.

"Hmm... no matter. I can help you, ____!"

"Ah!"

In one swift move, Ivan took me into his arms! He's holding me bridal style...This is really embarrassing!

"Now, we can go make breakfast, right? Don't worry, I'll make sure to help you as much as I can, ____!"

"Right..."

Even though I'm so embarrassed! His torso is clothed with a white turtleneck shirt. With being pressed against his muscular chest I can feel the soft material warmed by his body.

Though...Contrary from yesterday, Ivan is being really sweet. He seems genuinely concerned about my well-being. Did i misjudge him? The full moon was out yesterday, which could explain his behavior. Ivan actually seems like a really kind person. His childlike disposition makes the situation not as scary. Maybe being here won't be as bad as I thought.

- D a r k 01 E n d -