Chapter 34

**COREY'S POV **

The tour had been postponed for another two weeks. Everyone was pissed! Something about Jim not wanting to be picked up at their house bothered me. I took my bags back upstairs and then grabbed myself a beer. Why was he so adamant about keeping me away from their home?! Sighing I tried to think. Something was wrong, I knew it. I decided to wait until the next day to make my call. I knew she was living with Jim so I went to his house to see them.

When I arrived, there was some unknown man tending to the lawn. He looked at me curiously as I exited my car. With a warm smile I asked where Jim was. It shocked the hell out of me to hear that Jim no longer lived at that residence and hadn't for quite some time. I climbed back in my car and dialed his number. What the fuck was going on?!

He answered his phone and we chatted for a while before I asked if I could come over to see him and my daughter. The line went silent for a few minutes although I could hear the muffled sounds of people talking. Why was me coming to their home such an issue? Did they hate me so much they didn't want me to know where they lived? I just wanted to see my friend and daughter! A few minutes later he came back. He told me they would be happy to meet me somewhere. I thought it over for a minute before agreeing. If I can't see them at their house, I'll see them wherever they want. At least I can see my daughter!

The luncheon had gone great. Everyone was in good spirits and seemed very happy. As a matter of fact I don't think I've ever seen my daughter so happy. Almost glowing! According to her school was going great, she was breezing through her studies. While we waited for our food to arrive, I asked Jim about his house. At first he seemed taken aback, or shocked I'm not sure, put then said they had decided to move to a more secluded neighborhood. Especially since she's the daughter of such a well-known man and dating a celebrity on top of that. I had to admit their reasoning did make sense! I put that to the back of my mind, for now at least, before moving on to something else.

When they left I followed them as discreetly as I could. They pulled into a very nice neighborhood. It did make me feel better to know they weren't living in the slums, not that I expected Jim to have my daughter living somewhere unsafe, and then pulled up into a curvy driveway. The house was off the road, blocked buy well-maintained shrubbery, so I couldn't see the house. I made note of how to get back to this neighborhood and which house was theirs before heading to my own home. They were certainly living in a "more secluded" neighborhood! Not only was the neighborhood itself hard to find, their house was pretty well blocked by trees and shrubbery.

Several weeks had passed and I drove through their neighborhood at least once a day. Sometimes I sat just down the street to watch the house. Whenever I could see her, she seemed incredibly happy. I knew the decision to push her and Jim together was the right one! One day I took the chance to pull up into their driveway. It was quite long and I parked where I couldn't really be seen. I noticed Jim's car immediately. I thought it would be the only one in the driveway. Looking around a bit more I discovered a pick up next to Jim's car. A truck that looked oddly familiar. Hearing noises in the yard, I quickly backed out and headed straight home.

I know that that truck. Before I made it home, though, I decided to drive by and see Mick. Perhaps he'd sold his truck. Or the one in Jim's driveway was merely identical. It could happen! My mind was racing a mile a minute. Until I reached the house that I knew Mick had lived in for many years. There was a small child playing out in the front yard with a youngish woman tending the newly planted flower garden. She eyed me suspiciously as I exited my car. I put on the old Taylor charm as I greeted her. I asked where Mick was and she looked confused. She told me her family had moved in about the same time as the new owner's of Jim's house. Surely that wasn't a coincidence!