Wings of love. | Crow x reader.

*thanks for requesting! I love Crow, even though some fan girls might get mad at me.. Heh heh.. Sorry!

*anyway, you're right there isn't much on this au, which upsets me.

Crow: can I use my mating call?

Creator: uh I guess?

Crow: *clears throat* *sr.pelo scream*

Okay I have a headache.. Anyway enjoy!

------------------

You left the library carrying many books, you were a bird watcher. Always studying flight patterns, and eating habits, molted feathers, how large the nests were, and even their ahem... 'Love season' as you called it.

You always had a interest in birds since you were small, and you've always wanted wings of your own, you knew you'd never get a pair, but you could always dream right?

You set the books in your bookbag then started to walk to the forest, it was a small forest behind your house, many birds raided your bird feeders, including a very very large bird by its foot prints.

Lard butt, as you called it, or mega bird, only came to your back porch at night, making it hard to find it. It had large black feathers, tinted with blue tips.

It was a very rare find, you just wanted a picture of it, and you wanted one of its tail feathers for your scrap book.

----------------------

You sat on your makeshift bench, going over notes and drawings of what you thought this bird may look like.

You grew frustrated, you just wanted to see it. Why was it being such an a**..?

You tossed some of its favorite bird seed, along with some bread. Maybe you would see it today?

In person you hoped.

You left the bait and your books on the bench, walking off to find its nest at least.

---------------------

You stood below a very large acorn covered tree, right in the center of its massive  branches was a basically a mega nest.

You smiled brightly, this had to be lard butts nest! You tied your combat boots and started to climb the tree, trying not to fall.

After almost ten minuets, you finally made it to the nest, you gripped the side, sticking your foot inside, after almost falling, you landed on your back in the nest.

It was empty, but it was rather impressive. If you could you'd probably use this as a bird study spot or a hideout!

You sat up and looked around, very happy with the view, you started to doodle the view in your pocket notebook.

You leaned back getting comfortable, writing more notes about the nest.

Then you heard the caw of a crow, and something behind you, a few feathers fell around you.

You gulped and slowly turned your head to the bird you've been looking for, he stood there with his arms crossed, staring down at you with one eyebrow raised.

Turns out, he wasn't an actual bird, he was a skeleton monster with wings, he looked half bird?

"What are you doing here?" He asked monotone, trying to keep his cool, residing the urge to not claw your eyes out with his massive talons.

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't know this nest belonged to anyone. Heh heh.. Um. I'm y/n, I'm a bird researcher. I study birds for a living, and I've been searching for this large bird for a while, turns out it was you I was looking for." You  smiled nervously.

He blushed slightly. "Oh, you're the lady who tosses out the bread?"

You nod. "Yeah, do you like it? Me and my mom baked it. It was leftovers, because we made too much."

He nods. "Yeah, its amazing, thanks. But I think I've been eating too much of it, considering you've been calling me lard butt."

"Oh..." You laugh. "Sorry! It was just a nickname! I didn't know was species you were."

He shrugs and sits in the nest, sitting across from you, pulling out a slice of bread from his coat pocket. "So, what do ya wanna know?"

---------------

You visited him almost everyday, you two became friends fast.

Today he was acting weird, maybe its because spring had just started?

"Hey Crow! Toss the ladder down, I brought snacks!" You yelled.

You saw his head  head peek out from the nest, then he tossed down the rope ladder that he made for you.

"Thank you bird butt!" You laughed and crawled up the ladder, trying not to drop everything.

--------

His hand came out, lifting you into the nest. "Your welcome." He  smiled, blushing lightly.

You  smiled back, sitting in the even larger nest, had he been working on it?

There were blue and f/c ribbons wrapped around the various sticks and twigs. Flowers in the center.

"Crow, what is all this?" You asked setting your back pack down.

Crow blushed even more and flew up to get more twigs. "I'm trying to impress you, is it working?"

You blush. "Yeah? Your nest looks great! But what's the occasion?"

He lands again, grooming his left wing with the comb you gave him. "Well... Its my way if showing you.. That.. I.. Y/n I really like you." His right wing handed you a bright f/c flower.

You blushed even more, then leaned over and placed a kiss on his cheek. "I like you too bird brain."

His eye lights turned to hearts and his wings both went up, making the comb go flying somewhere.

You giggled and hugged him, he wrapped his arms around your waist, kissing your every inch of your face.

"I love you so much y/n."

You smile, kissing his non nose. "I love you too dork."

End :3 I hope you enjoyed!