Trust Issues (Chapter 41 Part IV)

ARMONI POV:

I sighed, looking down at the invitation Aaliyah had just given me. Her little friend from school invited her to a slumber party this weekend to celebrate her birthday. "Can I go Mama, all of my friends are gonna be there?" She asked me excitedly.

I knew she really wanted to go and that she was excited about it because she was barely in the car before shoving the invitation in my face. "We'll see baby, put your seatbelt on." I told her, making her frown.

"So I can't go?" She asked with a slight attitude.

"I didn't say that Aaliyah." I responded simply. She didn't say anything else; she roughly put on her seatbelt and folded her arms, I could tell that she had an attitude. I wasn't phased by it so I chose to ignore it.

I'd picked up Jr from Justycee and driven to the grocery store. Aaliyah still hasn't said a word. Not to mention that she was huffing and puffing with a mug on her face the whole car ride. "What do you want for dinner tonight?" I asked her as I placed Jr's car seat into the shopping cart.

"Doesn't matter." She mumbled lowly with an attitude. I'm sure she was probably cussing me out in her head and rolling her eyes behind my back.

"I didn't say no Aaliyah." I reiterated to her. I gave her half an hour to be mad and have an attitude but I was getting sick of it. "I need to talk to your Dad and see what he says, I need to see your report card and go to your parent teacher conference tomorrow, and talk to this girl's parents. I don't know those people, they could be crazy." I explained to her.

"But everybody else is going." She whined.

"You're not everybody else." I responded as I looked at her. "Drop the attitude or you're not going for real. Like I said, we'll see." I stated matter of factly, staring her in the face so she would know that I was serious. "What do you want for dinner?" I asked again.

"Tacos." She mumbled.

"Tacos it is, then." I replied, heading to get all that I needed to make our dinner for the night.

An hour later, we finally got home from the store. I made us a snack to hold us over until dinner. Aaliyah started on her homework, I fed and changed Jr before I started on my school work as well. Jr was wanting to be held so I held him in one arm and typed with the other. Two hours later I was finally finished with my assignments but I still had papers from work to complete. I decided to save those for after dinner because I was tired of looking at my computer screen.

Aaliyah was in the living room watching TV, Jr was in his swing sucking his pacifier while I was in the kitchen trying to get dinner finished when my phone rang. Already knowing who it was; I smirked and stuck my tongue out as I did a little twerk before quickly answering my phone. After briefly listening to the automated message and accepting the call, my smile got even bigger when I heard that voice that I'd been missing all day. "Hey Pretty Girl."

"My babyyyyyyyy. Hi Trayveon." I sang with a big smile on my face. He's been in custody for a little over three months and he was recently transferred to a medium security prison that was two hours away. I wish he was closer but he could've been farther so I'm still grateful.

"What you doin' Mamas? Cookin? What's for dinner tonight?" He asked, making me smirk.

"Li wanted tacos." I informed him.